45-70 brass.

10gaugemag

Beginner
Jan 18, 2016
Wanting to pick up some new 45-70 brass.

Does the Starline seem to be as good as a guy can get or should I try to find some Remington or Winchester?

Back when I owned a 1895GS 45/70 I preferred Starline brass, followed by Winchester. Winchester was thinner and had more case capacity, but the Starline was better overall quality and could stand more pressure when I decided to load up some really heavy loads

The most recent Winchester brass that I and my brother have purchased in 3 different calibers has been very poor quality

I am not a serious 70 shooter, but I am blessed with many friends so I have a wide variety of components. I load modest loads, and honestly for the the shooting I have done, I can see no difference.

I know a fair number of guys who shoot that caliber and they favor that brand. I haven't loaded enough of the others to have an opinion.

Starline is excellent brass. I've used it for the 45-70 for awhile. Can't beat the stuff.

Starline brass is indeed very nice. I have also had good luck with Winchester brass. I bought some Remington nickel plated but accuracy suffers.

JD338

Back