270 130 ballistic tip design change?

AnthonyC

Beginner
Jan 8, 2017
Hi guys,

I have gone to the new fluorescent yellow style box and the coal changed quiet a bit from the old box design.

Is the new box designate the design change? The new bullet looks to be more similar to the AccuBond.

When did this happen? The gun shops in Australia didn't even know.

Cheers

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 898
  • image.png
    image.png
    649.6 KB · Views: 898
Hi Anthony,
Have boxes of both new box and old box in 30 caliber. I put them both on my bullet comparator and the measure the same. I don't see any difference except the box. They engage the lands at the same point. The ABLR is a little different and you can see that with out measuring.

Did you get them and try them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you measuring your OAL base of case to tip or base of case to ogive? Base to tip measurements can vary a lot but I have also seen bullet base to ogive be different when switching lot numbers.

I notice the change when i was loading for the old box design of 84.9mm (3.342) when i put the new box (fluro yellow) projectile seated is was seated deeper.

the seating die seats via the ogive or a set point in the die. so if you change the design of the projectile the depth changes.

cheers

AnthonyC":3tj9r0bv said:
I notice the change when i was loading for the old box design of 84.9mm (3.342) when i put the new box (fluro yellow) projectile seated is was seated deeper.

the seating die seats via the ogive or a set point in the die. so if you change the design of the projectile the depth changes.

cheers

Anthony, have you shot them? Meaning, how is accuracy affected with the new seating position?

I think the bright fluorescent tip has been added so if you miss the bright glow going by will immobilize them for the follow up shot.................

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :grin:

Dwh7271":22cc55e6 said:
I think the bright fluorescent tip has been added so if you miss the bright glow going by will immobilize them for the follow up shot.................

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :grin:

That would be fine for others but it is really unnecessary for a 270 :mrgreen:

Dwh7271":31iwv2s0 said:
Sorry Dr.
got carried away

OP,
Please forgive the flip comments. All meant in fun.

Yeah.... What Dewey said, please forgive him :mrgreen:

HA! Mike, what did you expect when the grand old .277 came up?

Well, I mean everyone knows that you can't kill an elk, much less a deer, with such a puny caliber; you need at least .284 caliber! (y) And for Dewey to intimate that the bright glow (at the sedate velocities that particular cartridge can generate) can't dazzle anything! :mrgreen:

Dr.Mike talk like that causes great concern for St. Jack followers. I have taken the majority of my game over the years with my 270win and 130gr. partitions and Accubonds :shock:.
However now I use my 280AI in most situations. :lol:

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":1g3shc1i said:
Dr.Mike talk like that causes great concern for St. Jack followers. I have taken the majority of my game over the years with my 270win and 130gr. partitions and Accubonds :shock:.
However now I use my 280AI in most situations. :lol:

Blessings,
Dan

Now dang it Dan, I am not sure if you are helping or hurting our cause here! :lol:

You are quite the character Dr.Mike :shock:!
I hope that you never change (y) alway keeping us on our toes!

Blessings,
Dan

SJB358":255cqfq2 said:
AnthonyC":255cqfq2 said:

cheers

Anthony, have you shot them? Meaning, how is accuracy affected with the new seating position?

Hi mate,

Yes they shot approx 2inches lower than the old design

AnthonyC":2llotp92 said:
SJB358":2llotp92 said:
AnthonyC":2llotp92 said:

cheers

Hi mate,

Yes they shot approx 2inches lower than the old design

What about the actual group size? 2" lower is sorta interesting as well. Same lot of powder?

Back