Is this bullet new??

35 Whelen

Handloader
Dec 22, 2011
I dont remember ever seeing this before? Anyone used one :? 220gr BT??? Whats not to like about this?
Nosler #: 30181654330.jpg

Yes. New in 2017.
Per Nosler web site.

Looks like a lot of energy waiting to be dumped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like its a beauty! May find a couple of these in the bottom of my magazine this fall! Looks like a perfect Grizzly , Elk, Moose bullet for a 30/06. (300H&ouch) lol

As I recall, it's intended for subsonic use in the .300 Blackout. About 1,000 fps.

But - I could be wrong.

Guy

Great point Guy! The 150gn RN CTBT is for 3030 speeds 2600-1600fps. Will try to find the 220's speed rating

Guy Miner has it correct - designed for subsonic rounds out of the 300 Blackout.

I'm pretty sure it is the bullet used (different polymer tip) in the Noveske 300 Blackout round as they state that it is a 220 grain ballistic tip - http://shop.nosler.com/noveske-300-blac ... count.html - velocity is listed at 1020 fps. I have no idea on the upper velocity range for the bullet, but it should preform at very low velocity...

Confirmed by Nosler.

Mark,

This bullet is specifically designed for subsonic expansion. I would put the
parameters somewhere around 1100-700fps for controlled expansion.

Lol,
Good save Guy. Looked like a totally new design ........ And I guess it is.

Yup, it's for the 300 Blackout. It would be fun to run o e into the jugs from a 30-06.

JD338

Maybe not so fun to run it into a grizzly at .30-06 or .300 mag velocity...

Guy

JD338":21fdy8m9 said:
Yup, it's for the 300 Blackout. It would be fun to run o e into the jugs from a 30-06.

JD338

That would be cool Jim. Might keep my eye out for some of them. Bet they would be wicked on deer.

35 Whelen":29c4ym96 said:
Love to see that bullet test Scotty!

If and when I see some I will grab a bag to try out. I'd kinda like to see it myself.

Wierd... the description says optimal expansion 1800 to 3200 FPS a little bit out of the Blackout's League...... did somebody just dope in the standard ballistic tip information?

kraky1":w8ctr0yr said:
Wierd... the description says optimal expansion 1800 to 3200 FPS a little bit out of the Blackout's League...... did somebody just dope in the standard ballistic tip information?

That was my assumption that they just used the canned ballistic tip info.

Back