444 marlin and 450 Marlin range day

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Had some fun today. Both were great but that old microgroove marlin is something else!

Factory 444 265 flex tip

444 Marlin 300 Sierra h335 2165 fps

450 marlin 350 Hornady FP at 2080 fps H4198

450 Marlin 325 Flex tip factory

Wow! That is some fine shooting ! Congrats on a fine anything stopper![THUMBS UP SIGN]

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Indeed, some excellent riflery. The rifle is performing quite well.

I'm always amazed at how accurate those lever guns can be with a big chunk of lead. Love my .450 Marlin!

And this one is 20 plus year old and a microgroove 1:38" twist. Those puppies shot well. This one is pristine!!

fDfBbx7l.jpg

hizdsHLl.jpg

Well done Fotis!
Those Marlins are shooters, going toe to toe with a bolt gun.
The 1895G 45-70 I bought from you is a favorite of mine and extreamly accurate.
Ya just gotta love those Marlins!

JD338

Love them!...

BTW 48 hours until draw results!

My, how I miss my 45/70. Some day I will own another big bore lever gun. I liked shooting cast bullets out of mine, but it was always very accurate from mild to wild with just about any bullet that you fed it.

That is some fine shooting.
Just something about a bigger bore lever. Man, they are fun and shoot surprisingly well.

I haven't shot my 444 in a while but from what I remember your results are very impressive when compared to my results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't shot my 444 in a while but from what I remember your results are very impressive when compared to my results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very nice Fotis! Those danged Marlins are ridiculous! Nothing much more to ask of them.

FOTIS,
You have my attention with that accuracy. My son has his heart set on a big bore lever gun. That being said I been eyeing the Marlin 1895CB This is the Cowboy version 45-70 with 26" tapered octagon barrel with 6 groove Ballard rifling at 1:20. Straight stock and marbles semi buckhorn sights. Seeing as you are very well versed on the Marlins what is your take on this rifle, do you think it might have the accuracy potential of your micro groove models?

I have a 1895 CB Shoots very well with the Skinner Sights!

Attachments

• 1985cb.jpg
    1985cb.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 995
Back