6.5 Swede RL16 140 AB

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
Got to shoot some 140 AB's and RL16 I have had loaded for awhile. Seems like a decent combo for the old boy. I didn't get a chance to chrono these as I saved the 4 charges and then got rained out. Will check them out later and report back though.

Not really sure what happened on 46, but 46.5 really shot decently. Kinda excited to see what speeds look like with this rifle. It is a handy little sucker.

The 46.0 charge is rather an anomaly. Still, 46.5 does appear to be promising. Even the 45.5 doesn't look all that bad, though that may be an aberration. Interesting to see what sort of velocities the $L16 generates with that AB. Could just be a winning load for the old Swede.

I am with you Mike. I was surprised to see it go so big. I think it is just the way it happens now and again though. Could have been all me. I plan to get it back out and see if I can tighten them up a touch. I will say I like what I see from RL16 in a few different cartridges I have been working with. It seems to be getting some good press in light of H4350 being so hard to get these days. I do like that little Swede though, it is such a little gentle ben off the bench.

I'm really liking RL 16 myself. I been thinking it would be great in a Swede, but I no longer own one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back