270 WSM and 145 Hornady ELD X

idahohunter8

Beginner
May 7, 2015
Has anyone played around with this combo yet? I just ordered some of the bullets and have some reloader 26 I would love to try....If i can accurately push this to 3100-3200 FPS - WOW....

idahohunter8":29xsi1sx said:
Has anyone played around with this combo yet? I just ordered some of the bullets and have some reloader 26 I would love to try....If i can accurately push this to 3100-3200 FPS - WOW....

You will EASILY get to 3150'ish with 26. I use 26 with 150 Partitions and Bitterroots. The last time I chrono'ed them they ran 3200 on the nose. Accurate too.

I'd think those 145's should be a wicked load at distance.

Gonna keep up with this thread. Been doing some loading on my Brother in laws 270 WSM. Should be a great long range hammer. What are the B.C. On these bullets? I know when the ELD-X's first came out there were a lot of reports on them being soft. Curious how they may hold up on close up shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not tried the ELD-X yet, but it sound like a good combination. I am currently working with RL 26 and
150g Speer BTSP and have excellent accuracy at an average velocity of 3152 fps. No pressure signs.

Interested to see how the work, let us know, thanks.

Back