Nosler for the Creedmoor

Alderman

Handloader
Apr 5, 2014
I loaded up a few 140 grain Accubonds and Partitions for the 6.5 Creedmoor. I'm using IMR 4350 to begin with. The Accubonds look sleek next to the Partitions.
f493d19f09b711c2464f619b90c40da8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks as if those will be potent. Should work just fine for game.

I just received some 140 grain Partitions & 120 TTSX, we will see how they group. I saw my Wife put a 140 NP trough both shoulders of a 400# Elk to fill her Cow tag.

nomosendero":11akk28n said:
I just received some 140 grain Partitions & 120 TTSX, we will see how they group. I saw my Wife put a 140 NP trough both shoulders of a 400# Elk to fill her Cow tag.
I'm really loving the accuracy of the 120 TTSX in mine. Still a little concerned about how well they open up on a deer though. To be honest this is my first time using an all copper bullet, so it's probably me just worrying over nothing though.

I bought the Creedmoor mostly to work up some loads for the two Grandsons who have them.
If anything, I will use it on Blacktail deer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking good! Both the AB and the PT will get the job done.

JD338

Cleveland48":3mp8lgxv said:
nomosendero":3mp8lgxv said:
I'm really loving the accuracy of the 120 TTSX in mine. Still a little concerned about how well they open up on a deer though. To be honest this is my first time using an all copper bullet, so it's probably me just worrying over nothing though.

With the current tipped version of the Barnes bullet, I suspect you'll be just fine. 10 years or so ago, before the TTSX, I used the 100 gr TSX from my .25-06 at 3340 fps mv. Up close it opened just fine. Downrange a ways? I never was all that sure it opened up. Quit using it after taking two mule deer and losing one. I'm not absolutely sure I hit that third, but... sure seemed like it. And one of the bucks I took showed no evidence of expansion, just a kill. Troubled me and I went to more rapid expanding bullets.

Then Barnes introduced the TTSX, which I haven't tried, but it sure looks like a winner, much like the Nosler E-Tip.

Guy

These are kinda my fears also Guy. It's pretty hard following a deer that is hardly bleeding through a Mississippi briar thicket lol. I don't care if they run a ways, but a good exit hole sure makes the track easier! Some of my favorites are the BT, Interlock, and gameking. They have always left a good exit hole for me. Thinking about switching over and trying the SST also.

Yep I plan on sacrificing a doe early in the season to get a feel for them.

Cleveland48, I am not sure on the Barnes bullets but I know out to the 300 yard mark a Partition is lethal and my 270win absolutely loves the 130gr. AccuBond out past the 300 yard mark.
I am sure that all the premium grade bullets will do the job for you.

Blessings,
Dan

Cleveland48":31uj5rek said:
Yep I plan on sacrificing a doe early in the season to get a feel for them.

I wouldn't sweat it. Put it on bone and let it eat. Chances are with the accuracy you're getting there isn't going to be much tracking.

Hope so! I usually try to slip it in right behind the shoulder, but may try to put one through the shoulder.

Barnes TSX/TTSX in my house is always used through both shoulders.
Ballistic Tips and VLD's go behind the shoulder through the lungs.

mwess1113":27adj4dh said:

Same here, a cup and core bullet behind the should is money in the bank. And for our deer almost always a pass through with a size-able exit. I'm thinking shoulders for the mono bullets just in case.

mwess1113":2bplqc01 said:

Very good advice here.
I'd heed it if it were me.

Vince

Try the Hornady GMX a little softer than an all copper Barnes and knock things down hard for those looking for non lead.

Back