BC of 230gr Failsafe

According to Quickload .436 at sea level

That said I would shoot it at LR to verify

Alaska":nv1r7gkr said:
I need the BC for the .338 Failsafe 230gr for my dope.

Thanks

As I recall, those were pretty heavy-duty bullets weren't they? I seem to recall them being famous for deep-penetration, and for being pretty expensive.

Guy

Guy Miner":3bunm479 said:
Alaska":3bunm479 said:
I need the BC for the .338 Failsafe 230gr for my dope.

Thanks

As I recall, those were pretty heavy-duty bullets weren't they? I seem to recall them being famous for deep-penetration, and for being pretty expensive.

Guy

OH hell yeah! I used them in my 378 Bee. 3150 fps for the 270!

I used the 160 FailSafe in my 7mm RM and in my 300 WSM. I did manage to take quite a few head of game with those bullets.

Never recovered one and they all killed moose, elk and whitetail quite efficiently. I don't remember ever requiring a second shot, though I did make a second shot on a couple of occasions. They were a favourite bullet in those two cartridges.

Thanks for the replies
Should be a real shooter in the RUM for moose

I still have a handful or two from when Midway was closing them out! Generally shoot 200/210/215 in my 338-06AI, though.

Yes they are a tough bullet in 230gr

I also have some in 165 and 180gr .308 Dia.

I wish I had some 150gr Fail Safe bullets for my 308 Win.

They are a excellent heavy game bullet !

I bought a few hundred when Midway was closing them out (in their blue boxes). Down to last 50-100. Had a bright idea that I was going to use them in my 338-06AI, but I think they're more a 338WM bullet--I'll stick to 200-210's.

Back