Fire Forming vs Hydraulic Forming

grry10

Handloader
Dec 7, 2007
I would like to open this up and hear your opinion about fire forming verses hydraulic forming brass. I know that hydraulic forming dies are expensive but bullets and powder are not getting any cheaper. In addition, you have the time spent firing forming loads and those added rounds down the barrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCqb_7UYh9k

That looks very easy and simple but doesn't give the price.
Since I fire form my 35/AI I would be interested to see how well that works for someone else.

That looks like it could pay for itself fairly quickly for a guy running an improved cartridge. I'd be interested in this if I ever get AI chamber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting... I have my second 35WAI on the way.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I can see it more useful for the Brown-Whelen, Gibbs styled Improved/wildcats. That way you are not having to seat a bullet into the lands or mess with a secondary shoulder = less working of your case...It also makes bookoo sense if a man has more than one Improved/wildcat rifle around. Even at $200 or so, I feel that is very affordable in wildcatting...

That looks like something I would be very interested in for my 280 AI. It would be nice not having to waste barrel life fire forming brass.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

brikwhitt":axrn9tlk said:
That looks like something I would be very interested in for my 280 AI. It would be nice not having to waste barrel life fire forming brass.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
exactly! These dies are awesome. Better better than the Hornady ones

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

Back