7mm-08 140 gr Accubond

tecumseh

Handloader
Oct 20, 2010
My Savage 7mm-08 is ready for hunting season. RE-19 turned out to be the powder of choice with a 140 gr AccuBond.

Attachments

• IMG_2340.JPG
    IMG_2340.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,352
  • IMG_2338.JPG
    IMG_2338.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,352
That'll do! (y) The cartridge is excellent, if somewhat underrated by many. The bullet you've selected will perform very well for you in almost any scenario. Go out and tag some game! :mrgreen:

DrMike":3i5z2c9w said:
That'll do! (y) The cartridge is excellent, if somewhat underrated by many. The bullet you've selected will perform very well for you in almost any scenario. Go out and tag some game! :mrgreen:

Thanks Dr. Mike! Once I found the powder it liked everything else fell into place in short order.

7mm/08 is a great cartridge! That should be a fine deer load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work. You will put a lot of game in your freezer with that load.

JD338

Cleveland48":10vcwfdo said:
7mm/08 is a great cartridge! That should be a fine deer load.

Deer, elk, antelope.

My dad killed a big 5x5 bull with a single 140 AB in 2015 from his 7mm-08.

P

I would not be worried a bit to use a 140 AB on elk. Guess I should have mentioned that. Instead of saying deer [emoji106]

I hoping to put it to use for a deer hunt I have planned in Northeren Michigan this year.

tecumseh":3bxlmewm said:
I hoping to put it to use for a deer hunt I have planned in Northeren Michigan this year.

Excellent! I was in the U.P. several years ago and saw two does feeding by the road...those babes were as big as elk calves! ha. The Northern Whitetail just "has" to be one of the most beautiful big deer in the world! I love them all, of course, but comparing them to the little East Texas deer I grew up on is "breathtaking", ha. It makes sense to use a bonded bullet on those puppies! Good luck to you Pard..

Back