Another good Range day with the Howa 6.5 CM

Cleveland48

Handloader
Jul 28, 2015
Shooting the Barnes 120 TTSX, 120 Sierra HPBT matchking, and factory hornady 140 HPBT Black. Only had time for four groups after work and to chronograph the Hornady Black factory loads. Overall still very satisfied with this rifle.
d4d8f1d9db08a7fd39991cc2333585dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried out the Hornady black factory loads this morning at 350 yards. Did not hold for the wind, but the elevation tracking on my scope seems to be pretty solid. 6 shots went into a 3.365" group. So I'm plenty happy with that, and $20 a box is pretty hard to beat for accurate range ammo.
0962588d857ef5db4c76a87b619b4461.jpg

Man, that isn't hard to like at all. Very nice.

Which bullet do they use in that ammo?

Cleveland48":24d4s88o said:
It's the old 140 gr HPBT.

I've heard great things about that Bullet. Did you get a chance to check it for speed?

It's listed as 2690 fps I ran five over the chrono and was getting 2676 fps for the average.

Man, that's about spot on for advertising... good stuff to have in a pinch.

C48, did you get a measurement on the first group of the Black ammo?

Ron

Oh, yeah, that'll do! At that price, when the factory ammo shows that degree of accuracy, it is difficult to want to roll your own. You're going to make me ditch all my work on my 6.5 Creedmoor and rush up to buy some factory ammo.

rjm158":3e4no1uw said:
C48, did you get a measurement on the first group of the Black ammo?

Ron

Yes sorry didn't realize I didn't have it on there where you could see it. here is full pick, group size is written at bottom of page.
6682b2c83401f5fe7dc894c1028fedcb.jpg

DrMike":14yt1n56 said:
Oh, yeah, that'll do! At that price, when the factory ammo shows that degree of accuracy, it is difficult to want to roll your own. You're going to make me ditch all my work on my 6.5 Creedmoor and rush up to buy some factory ammo.

I like to load my hunting rounds still, but as far as practice ammo factory ammo would save me a lot of time.

Cleveland48":2cz9u87m said:
DrMike":2cz9u87m said:

I like to load my hunting rounds still, but as far as practice ammo factory ammo would save me a lot of time.

I understand. I hadn't bought a box of ammunition in over a decade when I picked up a couple of boxes of ammunition for my 338 Federal this past spring. I must be slipping off the wagon.

I really like the handloading especially when it's small batches of 40-50 rounds of hunting ammo. Loading 100 or so rounds for target practice really gets time consuming lol.

Results are looking good. And hat's off to Hornady for their factory ammo!

Guy

Back