Finally found more RL26

brikwhitt

Beginner
Oct 9, 2016
Finally finally finally found more RL26. I was down to less than half a pound. After a few months of not finding it, my local gunshop finally received a case. I bought 4 pounds and going back today for another 4 pounds.

I was almost ready to start working up a load with H4831sc or IMR7828ssc.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I've been seeing it around locally. I wasn't able to get the velocity I was expecting and didn't have time to keep tinkering with a load so I moved onto a different powder, otherwise I probably would have bought more of it. I looked for it for a year!

Haven't payed much attention to how it works in the 25-06, but from what I've been seeing, the 270 and 280AI crowed loves it.

I'm running it in a 280AI, and accuracy is awesome with respectable speed. I can get 3150ish pretty comfortably, but accuracy is better at 3015. Averages in the 3's and 4's with a few groups in the 1's.

brikwhitt":mjuhujcg said:
Haven't payed much attention to how it works in the 25-06, but from what I've been seeing, the 270 and 280AI crowed loves it.

I'm running it in a 280AI, and accuracy is awesome with respectable speed. I can get 3150ish pretty comfortably, but accuracy is better at 3015. Averages in the 3's and 4's with a few groups in the 1's.

280 Rem burns it very well to! I found 3 more pounds Saturday...

I'm a RL26 fan too. In my 243W, 6.5x284 and 300WSM with heavy bullets. I was down to the last two lbs and then found some online last year and payed the $$ but I'm now ok again.

Local gun shop called and said they were able to find me 2 boxes of the 150gn ABLR, and a box of 280 AI Nosler brass.

Im good on both, but considering how scarce they are to find now day's, I told him to go ahead and get them. Also picking up another 4 pounds of RL26 since it will be from the same lot as the other 4 pounds I picked up.

Looks like I will be set for a little while

Back