Accidental repeat.

Alderman

Handloader
Apr 5, 2014
A couple of loads for the 7mm-08 Savage rifle.
Not bench rest quality but good enough for a 200 yard deer rifle.
d30e443b579c5bf6c190062cc4aba789.jpg
ec8fd7f13c31540483223dd8f90c29d3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alderman, I have noticed you seated to 2.800" COAL for the BT, is that the longest your magazine can accept? I seated my COAL around 2.860" for the BT, you may tighten it up by seating closer to the lands.

I haven't measure these yet in the rifle. Just starting out at book lengths. I really haven't had time to experiment much with this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I notice that where the target says CASE you have NEW. If you take those fired cases and neck or part size them with a full length size die you may just shoot bug holes. I personally have never seen a rifle that would not shoot better with cases that had been fired before even if FL sized than new cases. Early on in my reloading I almost sold off a Rem. 700 in 7 Rem mag thinking it would not shoot much under 2 inches with any load. I was always using NEW cases. When I ran out of new cases and started sizing those previous fired cases that rifle went to shooting like a bench rest rifle. It would shoot about anything you put in it under 1 inch as long as the case had been fired before.

1Shot":p99ls3k6 said:
I notice that where the target says CASE you have NEW. If you take those fired cases and neck or part size them with a full length size die you may just shoot bug holes. I personally have never seen a rifle that would not shoot better with cases that had been fired before even if FL sized than new cases. Early on in my reloading I almost sold off a Rem. 700 in 7 Rem mag thinking it would not shoot much under 2 inches with any load. I was always using NEW cases. When I ran out of new cases and started sizing those previous fired cases that rifle went to shooting like a bench rest rifle. It would shoot about anything you put in it under 1 inch as long as the case had been fired before.

Same here. I never use or depend on brand new cases shooting as well as 1X fired cases.

TackDriver284":1fnannzr said:
Alderman, I have noticed you seated to 2.800" COAL for the BT, is that the longest your magazine can accept? I seated my COAL around 2.860" for the BT, you may tighten it up by seating closer to the lands.

Looks like I have room to seat to 2.860.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Find the lands for each bullet. Seat those 140 Nosler BT's .020" off the lands, and use RL-15 in fire formed brass partially sized, and if you do your part I'd bet the gun/ammo does too! Same for the 140 SGK's.

longrangehunter":38junk0l said:
Find the lands for each bullet. Seat those 140 Nosler BT's .020" off the lands, and use RL-15 in fire formed brass partially sized, and if you do your part I'd bet the gun/ammo does too! Same for the 140 SGK's.
Plus 1 on this post!

As kind of already suggested I always start at the longest AOL that will allow the rifle to function properly then work back 10 thousands at a time. I have been working with my 7 mm Mashburn, and have found in order. Shorter AOL reduced group size, case brand change, reduced group size, and while not tested thoroughly yet, powder selection changed group size. I started at about 1.4 inch groups at 100 and am down to .75. Did try a couple of different bullets but as of now the PT and AB have been the most accurate. As soon as it quits raining I will have my hunting load.

Back