500 mag blowup

Nice the barrel broke free vs shrapnel! Would be interesting to inspect the barrel for signs of obstruction. I suppose you could over charge a 500 Mag, but a squib load, followed by a normal round will make them break.
Would love to have one of those! (500 mag, not the broken gun part ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjcmichigan":3mv54h87 said:
Nice the barrel broke free vs shrapnel! Would be interesting to inspect the barrel for signs of obstruction. I suppose you could over charge a 500 Mag, but a squib load, followed by a normal round will make them break.

Happened to me (when someone else was using it) and all that happened was a big bulge in the barrel!

FOTIS":2rb4tti6 said:
mjcmichigan":2rb4tti6 said:

Happened to me (when someone else was using it) and all that happened was a big bulge in the barrel!

My son got my glock, bulge in the barrel that froze the slide..
He had a clue, stove piped on ejection and didn't see the strike on target.. lesson learned..

G'Day Fella's,

I was surprised by the lack of actual recoil.
Maybe a double/triple/quadruple charge of very fast powder?

Doh!
Homer

Methinks Bullseye mistaken for 2400 or maybe W231 mistaken for W296. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: Who knows. Wonder where the pieces of the cylinder went?
Paul B.

I like the way S&W built my 500, not the way he modified his at the range...

Glad he appears to be okay.

Guy

Them X-Frames do not come apart like that on their own. Someone did something.

I've been looking at the video, and watching the barrel assembly come off. I think they purposefully cut the top strap just under the forcing cone and cut the frame to cause the blow up. The guy looked hesitant to shoot, and it wasn't a strong enough, recoiled enough "explosion" to have created that mishap. To me, it looks like the cylinder rolls out to the left, intact, with the ejection rod still attached. I believe, if it were a full .500 S&W round that went off, he would be missing several digits, if not both hands, and suffering from shrapnel wounds to the torso and head.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Yeah it sure looks like it was staged and not a true over load explosion.
I've seen Ruger .44 mag Redhawks and Super Blackhawks that were mistakenly over loaded with Bullseye powder and 240gr bullets that destroyed the top strap and cylinders but the barrel stayed on the gun.

The barrel was held on with maple syrup (the Canadian Maple Leaf was a clue). :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

George

Back