340 Bee

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Worked up a load today for my 340 Bee Weathermark.

Anyway 88 gr of RL22 3150 fps with a 210 TTSX
Guess I am ready for everything :mrgreen:

The other bullet hole was from the 240 Bee :lol:

Attachments

• 20170921_163750.jpg
    20170921_163750.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,625
Nice!

Just got my 340 load set up with 250 Nosler Partitions and 83.5gr 7828SSC at 2850 fps. You got some good speed there, but I got pressure signs at 84.5 and up.

Nice shooting buddy. You have everything covered from mice to moose.

JD338

Great shooting Buddy, with that load I would say you have no worries if you get to pull the trigger on something.

Fotis,

How do you like the .340 WBY in the accumark? To me it is the perfect platform for such an animal. Pretty darn near destructible stock, accurate way out there and almost impervious to weather. With a Vias brake, 2 lb. timney, leupold VX7 2.5-10x45 and talley lows it is a pleasure to shoot and I would think a fantastic rifle for Alaska. Hope to confirm that some day. :>)

Mine is the weather mark. Not the Accumark

no biggie. But I do have a 338-378 and 30-378 in accumarks

You are a fine shot sir, much better than i and that is a beautiful rifle, as are all your rifles.

My husband thinks the 340 is the best caliber ver made, he likes it much more than the 338 win, 35 whelen, etc

To me the 340 Weatherby kills on one end and cripples the shooter on the other end.

Fotis,
You need to fire up that big 338-378 Wby buddy.

JD338

Thankful Otter":18lcg8er said:
You are a fine shot sir, much better than i and that is a beautiful rifle, as are all your rifles.

My husband thinks the 340 is the best caliber ver made, he likes it much more than the 338 win, 35 whelen, etc

To me the 340 Weatherby kills on one end and cripples the shooter on the other end.

Nah it doesn't kick too bad at all.

Cheyenne what does your husband shoot from his 340? Is it the Accumark series or another one of the Wby’s?

That 340 Weatherby is a monster. Don’t get much better for larger game animals when you just wanna put the hurt on them!

Scotty, he is not with me, but I am sure it is their "dangerous game rifle"

If you think back to a now defunct forum and I am sure charles will remember, our grandfather bought him three Weatherby ---a 257, a 300, and a 340. He recently got him a new 340 as it was the only one he uses, well almost always. Everybody complains it is heavy but it is not any heavier than the 348, so I have no idea what they are talking about.

Thankful Otter":3bupq01f said:
Scotty, he is not with me, but I am sure it is their "dangerous game rifle"

If you think back to a now defunct forum and I am sure charles will remember, our grandfather bought him three Weatherby ---a 257, a 300, and a 340. He recently got him a new 340 as it was the only one he uses, well almost always. Everybody complains it is heavy but it is not any heavier than the 348, so I have no idea what they are talking about.

I remember that place and your grandfather going through the process of selecting which cartridges..............I'm still impressed on what a great thing it was to do that. And Scotty has a good point, that thing is a monster but, it is not bad on the shoulder at all. It's not dainty like the .24GAkkkkkkk at all though, you know when it goes off! :lol:

I like how Dan puts it when talking about the .340 wby, rifle "badassery"

Back