7mm-08 is ready for hunting

tecumseh

Handloader
Oct 20, 2010
Had the 7mm-08 out this morning and it's as ready as I can have it for an upcoming hunt in Northern Michigan. 140 gr AB with RL-19 CCI LR Primer Nosler brass.

Attachments

• IMG_2619.JPG
    IMG_2619.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,002
  • IMG_2338.JPG
    IMG_2338.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,003
Yeah, I'd agree that the load you're showing is ready for the hunt. Now, go get something. (y) Here's to every success.

Tecumseh,

That's an AWFUL looking group!!!
Go back and rework it, NOW!!

Nah! Just kidding!
You got that load down pat!
Go out and get something with it!

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Uhhh... it's shooting low and to the right.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

5shot":lop4z7ah said:

If he hunts like I do, he'll be fine. (Don't fire until you feel the fur on the side! :mrgreen: ) The 7mm-08 is a seriously underestimated cartridge that'll flat "git 'er dun!" If I didn't already have several .280 Rems, a 7X57 and a .284 Win, I could see myself having a rifle chambered in this cartridge. They do tend to produce fine accuracy.

DrMike":3o6szqff said:
5shot":3o6szqff said:

If he hunts like I do, he'll be fine. (Don't fire until you feel the fur on the side! :mrgreen: ) The 7mm-08 is a seriously underestimated cartridge that'll flat "git 'er dun!" If I didn't already have several .280 Rems, a 7X57 and a .284 Win, I could see myself having a rifle chambered in this cartridge. They do tend to produce fine accuracy.
I agree with you DrMike

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

But...but...but...RE19 is temperature sensitive and you’ll never hit anything in N. Michigan with that powder. Wah wah wah. Lol. Just kidding. I love it! Looks awesome. Good luck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the same in my daughters 7-08 and it will drive tacks as well..And she proved last year that it will hammer deer!

The AccuBond shot the best out of the bullets I tried. Reloader 19 seems to be one of those powders people either love or hate. Out of the powders I tried it’s the one that shines in this rifle. I’m gonna get get a 5 LB canister to avoid any lot to lot variations.

My 7mm/08 is finicky with the powder it wants depending on bullet weight. RL-19 shines with a 120, or a 150, but Varget has to go with the 140's. Great group. Do you know what velocity you're getting ?

Doesn't really matter, no whitetail will ever walk away from a good shot with that load.

Best wishes for a successful season.

Gunner46 that is interesting. Varget and RL-15 work great for all three of mine with 120s-150s. With 160s I had to use RL-19. Just shows they’re all a little different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunner46":2b551rmh said:
My 7mm/08 is finicky with the powder it wants depending on bullet weight. RL-19 shines with a 120, or a 150, but Varget has to go with the 140's. Great group. Do you know what velocity you're getting ?

Doesn't really matter, no whitetail will ever walk away from a good shot with that load.

Best wishes for a successful season.

I wasn’t able to check the numbers as of yet. I’ll post em when I get time to check em.

Back