Peterson Brass

.300winmag

Handloader
Oct 17, 2011
Got the Peterson .300 Win. Mag. Brass in and it is packaged excellently. Checked dimensions and they were all right where they should be. Weighed 50 cases and there was only .6grs variation in all 50, most were within a .4gr spread. No burrs, necks chamfered inside and out, flash holes drilled not punched and no Burrs. Primer pockets were really tight and barely touched them with the uniforming tool. So I Just loaded it and shot, worked up to my normal velocity and shot a group, sub 1/2”. They get a 10/10 for the product and the customer service from me.

Attachments

• 4958C2F5-24F3-46AB-8922-1B9C879E8A3C.jpeg
    4958C2F5-24F3-46AB-8922-1B9C879E8A3C.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,786
  • 2C6D96A6-551B-4935-A35C-BEFBE11C95AD.jpeg
    2C6D96A6-551B-4935-A35C-BEFBE11C95AD.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,786
  • 9E9D7448-06A2-4853-BFDA-8CDA0F22515E.jpeg
    9E9D7448-06A2-4853-BFDA-8CDA0F22515E.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,786
That is a great commendation of Peterson brass. I've never handled any, and I have wondered how good it would be.

I have been thinking of trying Petersen brass in 260 Rem, looks like it should be good from your results with your 300 WM brass. Thanks for the report.

You thinking of ordering through X-Reload, Gerry? Or are you aware of another source?

That is good to know. I have been wondering how good Peterson brass is compared to Lapua and Norma. I may want to try them out soon.

Did they package the cases in the ammo box?

DrMike":1y1ruqud said:
You thinking of ordering through X-Reload, Gerry? Or are you aware of another source?

Yes, not sure if anyone else is bringing it in yet. They seem to be good in bringing newer stuff into the country.

The packaging sure makes them desirable. I note that X-Reload is out of 260 brass, but they do have 6.5 Creedmoor brass. Hmmm.

It's nice they can notify you when they are in stock again, I better not miss them when they are in again. Never looked at the packaging but now that you mention it it's pretty good.

Nice report. I wish Peterson made 375 Win brass.

JD338

TackDriver284":3shewiqf said:
That is good to know. I have been wondering how good Peterson brass is compared to Lapua and Norma. I may want to try them out soon.

Did they package the cases in the ammo box?

Yes, comes in a nice ammo Peterson ammo box with hinges.

If they are out of Peterson brass, try the brass made by Alpha Munitions. 100% American made and quality can’t get any better. I bought some .260 Rem brass from Alpha and it’s better than Lapua.

And they package the 100 rounds in a 100 round MTM ammo box also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well, I ordered a couple of boxes of Peterson 6.5 Creedmoor brass. Actually, the cost wasn't that much more than Winchester or Remington. I'll try to set aside time to work up a couple of loads in the Creed (something I've been meaning to do for some time).

DrMike":2e2dim5j said:
Well, I ordered a couple of boxes of Peterson 6.5 Creedmoor brass. Actually, the cost wasn't that much more than Winchester or Remington. I'll try to set aside time to work up a couple of loads in the Creed (something I've been meaning to do for some time).

I think you’ll be quite happy with it Mike.

DrMike":3dk8ma1u said:

Keep us posted how the Petersons do. (y)

DrMike":1r0n8au0 said:
Keep us posted DrMike, I’ve been eyeballing this brass myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back