RCBS Summit Press

Shows some similarity to the Forster Co-Ax. It would be cheaper that the Forster, which may make it attractive.

I just purchased one of these to replace my Lee Challenger press which I wore out. Just got it setup this afternoon. Heavy bugger for sure. Resized a bunch of RP nickel brass in 270 win that had previously been resized with the Lee. This particular bunch of brass had been once fired in my wife Kelli's Ruger M77, which has... do I dare use the word liberal... chamber. I had tried to chamber a few of these empties in my Weatherby Vanguard and it took some effort. Set the Summit press up according to the directions with my Lee FL die and after resizing, (which took a lot of lube and effort) they now easily chamber in my Weatherby. I believe it has to do with the cam over effect when set up properly. Anyway it is off to a good start on my bench. Time will tell, and if it serves me as well as the old Lee press it will be good.
Take care
Ed

I don't own one or have I used one but I would look at the reviews on Amazon for this press. There has been some problems with breakage and QC, though RCBS has made good on repairs and yes anything can break but there seems to be some QC issues from what I've read.

I look at reviews for products like I look at editorials. Take them with a grain of salt. There are those with an ax to grind about anything and everything. You can usually smell those out pretty easy. I read the reviews and decided to try it out as it looked like a good product..
YMMV
Take care
Ed

I've had one for a couple years now replacing a Rock Chucker, and I've loved everything about it. Solid press, loads easily, and most importantly delivers consistent, concentric ammo.

Back