Final range day

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
I got to the range today to check my final zero for the 338Wm.
After the last session I had cleaned it down to bare metal because I had experienced pressure problems with some Swift bullets and needed to foul the barrel before I left foe MT.
Here's the target shot at 100yds with the poi set at 3" high.
As the barrel fouled the shots found the center of the target.
Shot #5 was shot unsupported standing with out a sling.
The small target dot is 1" in diameter and 3" above the sighting point.
There was no adjustment made to the scope and the shots moved into the center as the bore fouled.
All shots were with a cold barrel since it was 35* this mourning the barrel cooled quickly.
We also had our first frost here this mourning much means the start of the white tail mating season. :roll: :lol: :grin:

Attachments

• KIMG0403.jpg
    KIMG0403.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 439
Looks great to me, you're ready for anything that crosses your path.

Thanks the 5th shot taken off hand is a real confidence booster even if it was likely pure luck. I would have been happy just to hit the paper. :mrgreen:

Its not "luck" if you were shooting at it Uncle Roger, lol. "Always" accept it then. If it does not hit, you didn't "miss"...you were "just seeing how close you could get w/o actually hitting it"! :)
Have ball dude and be careful! Jim

G'day Fella's,

Most impressive Truck Driver!
Best Wishes and Good Luck for your travels and the Hunt.

Regards
Homer

That looks great Rodger. Have a great trip. Looking forward to your report. Bret

Thanks everyone for gracious comments on my shooting capabilities. There are a few people here who have made my skills better with their guidance telling me how to adjust my loads for the best performance and teaching me new tricks.
Also thanks for all the good luck wishes.
I have done my part getting the rifles read and shooting the best they can.
Now all I need is for the Elk and Mule deer to cooperate.

Back