Barnes .243 or 6MM

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
I got 4 older boxes of Barnes bullets that I don't see myself ever using. 2 boxes of 105 gr spitzer sp's, and 2 boxes of 90 gr "X" bullets. The 90 grainer's are HP's.

If somebody on here can make use of them you can have them for the shipping cost which shouldn't be much. Just pass a favor forwards when you get a chance.

ShadeTree":3iz0yl8r said:
I got 4 older boxes of Barnes bullets that I don't see myself ever using. 2 boxes of 105 gr spitzer sp's, and 2 boxes of 90 gr "X" bullets. The 90 grainer's are HP's.

If somebody on here can make use of them you can have them for the shipping cost which shouldn't be much. Just pass a favor forwards when you get a chance.
I'll take em! Thanks. PM sent.

Spent almost a week hunting cow elk with two boys and their dad. Got one with a .243. I helped with everything starting at buying licenses and putting in for the draw.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

hereinaz":3mhwbi70 said:
ShadeTree":3mhwbi70 said:

I'll take em! Thanks. PM sent.

Spent almost a week hunting cow elk with two boys and their dad. Got one with a .243. I helped with everything starting at buying licenses and putting in for the draw.

Excellent! That's exactly the use I was hoping they would go for. If you're helping out a youngster don't worry about the shipping. I will need your full address in a PM to get them sent out.

I know virtually nothing about the Barnes bullets I never used them and didn't purchase these originally. I'll let it up to you to research them. Don't know how tough the 105 sp's are and I'm assuming the 90 grainers are the original Barnes X bullets so I'm sure different than the new TSX.

I used the Barnes 90X in a late '90s Weatherby LW Accumark in .240W. I was pushing them around 3500fps and I shot one coyote with it at 300yds, it did very well w/o ruing the pelt. I then gave that rifle to my Pastor down in Texas and we went to Leakey and shot some exotics. He shot an axis doe at 75yds, then a really big axis buck in velvet right at 40 steps. ( the buck was peeking at him in an oak motte...shame on him! ha It was a fine bullet. In a .243, I'd shoot an elk with it in a heartbeat...if I had the chance! :)
I used the 85gr XBT at 243 speeds ( a 6x47 wildcat) for an axis doe, a big axis buck and a Scimitar Horned Oryx. It would zip right through jackrabbits though.

preacher":34cu7tla said:
I used the Barnes 90X in a late '90s Weatherby LW Accumark in .240W. I was pushing them around 3500fps and I shot one coyote with it at 300yds, it did very well w/o ruing the pelt. I then gave that rifle to my Pastor down in Texas and we went to Leakey and shot some exotics. He shot an axis doe at 75yds, then a really big axis buck in velvet right at 40 steps. ( the buck was peeking at him in an oak motte...shame on him! ha It was a fine bullet. In a .243, I'd shoot an elk with it in a heartbeat...if I had the chance! :)
I used the 85gr XBT at 243 speeds ( a 6x47 wildcat) for an axis doe, a big axis buck and a Scimitar Horned Oryx. It would zip right through jackrabbits though.
Thanks! I have the bullets and am gonna load em up. Probably get some coyote action this winter.

Hope to have it out next year for elk and deer.

Back