its

117gr sierra gameking BT
52 grains of AR2213SC (H4831)
Federal 210 primer
Norma brass and 3.150 OAL

Its doing well out of my vanguard.

Whats everyone else running?

Any winning combos?

That Sierra gameking should do a fine job for you. I've used the 117gr pro hunter in the past with good results, it was both accurate and put deer down quickly.

Lots of good bullets out there to choose from for the 25.06 and they all work and work well if the shooter does their part. My go to load in my Rem 700 CDL 25.06 is the Speer 120gr Hot-Cor in front of a stout load of RL22, Norma brass and Win primers. The 25.06 is an awesome caliber!, I really enjoy shooting mine.

Yeah im new to the cal but I love it, feels like a meaty 243 and not quite the shove of a 6.5

Am using a Remington 700 CDL with a 6x Leupold.
KkWG11Tl.jpg

Have been pretty successful afield with mine. Used several different loads over the years, but the load that has stayed around for quite a while is:

115 gr Nosler Ballistic Tip
Retumbo
Federal match primers
3120 fps with excellent accuracy
fntjL9Pl.jpg

My 25-06 has proven easy to shoot well, and very lethal on mule deer, antelope, and coyotes.

Regards, Guy

Depending on the rifle. Most 25-06s will shoot that standard load of 52 grs H4831 with 115 - 117 bullets great. My custom Rem 700 26" Shilen SS barrel does not like this load as good as 49 grs IMR or AA 4350 with the 117 Sierra Pro Hunter fired by a CCI 250 primer in a Rem. case. I just came back from my yearly deer hunting trip and I put 5 deer down with this rifle and load. I have used about everything from a stick through a 45-70 to kill white tail deer with doing crop damage control and hunting over the past 48 years and I have found nothing that kills them dead in their tracks 99% of the time like the 25-06 does with most any 100 to 120 gr bullet.

I dont know why everyone think the 25-06 has the best stopping power, maybe the caliber has some magic ju ju

I wouldn't say the best, but it surely does work. Along with a lot of other cartridges.

The .270 Win with a good 130 gr bullet leaps to mind. Very similar, with a long track record.

Regards, Guy

I've only killed about 30 deer with the 25-06 starting out with 100gr bullets and then moving up to 120gr solid base. I don't remember ever loosing one but the reason I went to a heaver bullet was I had a deer run hit with the 100gr late one evening. With no blood trail it took quite a while to find in the Savannah river swamp. My Hart barreled 25-06 was a tack driver and fun to shoot. 1/2" 5 shot groups were easy with 100gr bullets.
Billy

I agree with the above post on the stopping power of the 25-06 with most of the deer dropping in their tracks that were shot much under 200 yds. But a 30-06 loaded with 165BTs is deadly on deer and the 150gr AB @ 3030fps that I've been hunting with this season is proving to be just as deadly.
Billy

Just one of the several calibers that I have the "gun itis" itch for. Had one before but it was the semi-bull barreled M77. The older tang safety, a serious tack driver with 100 gr BT's but due to its long barrel and weight I only ever used it for sniping ground hogs usually off of sandbags.

Regardless the merits of the .25/06, I don't own one but think it's a hell of a good round. I've seen the same lady kill three elk in three years with one.
I think that is a great photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never owned a Baby Whelen (25-06) :lol: but would not hesitate if the opportunity presented itself. My cousin's boy has been shooting one for the last number of years and absolutely swears by them with 110gr bergers I believe (y).

Blessings,
Dan

mccraggen":13pelask said:
I dont know why everyone think the 25-06 has the best stopping power, maybe the caliber has some magic ju ju

The .25s and .27s take an undeserved rap these days based on the lack of high-BC bullets in those calibers. They kill at "moderate" ranges with no less authority than any other caliber bullet of similar sectional density. If you need to shoot deer at 600 or 800 yards, use a high-BC .30-cal or 6.5...or you can do it the old fashioned way: get closer as if you have some hunting skill.

RiverRider":3j3c06rb said:
or you can do it the old fashioned way: get closer as if you have some hunting skill.

(y) Absolutely agree... its the difference between hunters and shooters..
Take care
Ed

I’m doing real well with 100 grain Swift Scirocco’s and 58 grains of RL26. That load has shot a few tiny groups and it’s up front for deer hunting this year. Very nice cartridge. Hasn’t ever shot poorly with any bullet.

My mate had a shot on mine and was blown away, he loved the lack of blast and recoil and we were shooting the 117gr gameking at 3000

I went to the range for a lunch time break from work to shoot my TC Venture 25/06. It has a 24 inch barrel and I have it topped with a Nikon Monarch 3 4-16 x 50mm.
I wanted to give Reloader 26 a try with Nosler 115 grain Ballistic Tips. Velocity from my MagnetoSpeed was 3308, 3316 and 3309 for an average of 3311 fps. I usually shoot 5 shots but time didn't allow it today and plan to shoot it again.

Attachments

• 25-06 115 gr BT.jpg
    25-06 115 gr BT.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,128
That appears to be a fine load. Technique is obviously up to snuff with that sort of SD and ES. That load, and your fine riflery, should account for about any deer you should ever hunt. Congratulations.

Back