130grain ELDM in a 6.5 creedmoor with Re16

PaLuke

Beginner
Mar 18, 2017
Hello, has anyone tried this combination yet. I read that 16 has great potential in a creedmoor. Thank you for your replies.

I just loaded 10 at 42.5 grains, 5 at 42.8 and 5 at 43.1. I’ll post the results after Sunday when I get to shoot. I got some data off the Alliant site which posts max at 44 grains for a 130 grain VLD. Hopefully it works out. Thanks again.

I’ve burned through a couple pounds of RL16, and I really like it in the 6.5 CM. I’ve been using it with 120 TTSX and 140 gamekings. Been getting great speeds and low sd’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used Reloader 16 in a couple of the cartridges that I have and have been very pleased with the consistency and velocity/pressure. I was almost out and have been looking for an 8lber, but settled on 8,1lbers from Cabelas. A little more cost, but I won't be out of it for a while.
Take care
Ed

I talked to Hornady and they said they haven’t tested it yet. Called Alliant and they said they tested it with the 129 grain SST. With 44 grains being the max. They also said to start at 40 grains and work up. I believe 2830 was the velocity they stated at max. Thanks again.

I run 43 gr with the 140 Gameking for 2840fps, and 43.3 with the 120 TTSX for 2920 fps. With 24” barrel and magneto speed. No pressure signs at 95 degrees but I worked up from around 40 grains with each load.

RL16 has been an awesome powder for me in a few cartridges so far. I would think it should be awesome in the CM as C48 has already sorted out.

SJB358":26zs5dop said:
RL16 has been an awesome powder for me in a few cartridges so far. I would think it should be awesome in the CM as C48 has already sorted out.
It is my favorite powder for the CM without a doubt. Problem is it’s hard to find now!

I finally got to shoot and 42.8 shot the best. Right around 5/8”. No pressure signs at all. I’m .020 off the lands so I start tinkering with seating depth. Thanks for the replies.

Cleveland48":2vk76joz said:
SJB358":2vk76joz said:
It is my favorite powder for the CM without a doubt. Problem is it’s hard to find now!

That's great to know. It shoots great in my 30-06 and did well in the Swede. I have about 9lbs of the stuff, so I may have to give it a whirl in some other stuff. I do like how consistent it is though.

Back