Ah Mazing range results 6.5 Creedmoor

TackDriver284

Handloader
Feb 13, 2016
This morning 3 round group load developments at 200 yards with 140 Berger Hybrids and 142 SMK showed me some promising results. Powder of choice is H4350 and Nosler brass. Selected three powder charge weights for each from last week's ladder testing in .3 increments. Not bad for first time out. Just need to tweak for the SMK a tad. First pic is 140 Hybrid and 2nd pic is 142 SMK.
OQHTxELl.jpg

9YqW56Ql.jpg

Those look like amazing results to me. Congratulations on some fine shooting.

Dan

Sheesh- If I shot those groups at 100 I'd wet myself like lap dog..... :p 200??? Congrats CL

Thanks guys for the nice compliments. That Berger Hybrid won't fit in the magazine when its off the lands .010" like where I want it. I had to seat it .080" deep to fit in the mag and it sure likes that jump.

Something I’ve noticed the last couple of years. Those little 6.5 pills kill game way out of proportion to their size and every 6.5 Whatever is an accurate son of a gun. Something about those 6.5’s, whether it be a Creedmoor or a 284, they just seem to be inherently accurate.
I’d say you’re good to go.

Vince

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TackDriver284":2ypl3te1 said:
Thanks guys for the nice compliments. That Berger Hybrid won't fit in the magazine when its off the lands .010" like where I want it. I had to seat it .080" deep to fit in the mag and it sure likes that jump.
That's a long way from the lands! At least it's shooting well for you with that much jump. Nice shooting too Buddy! (y)

Those are beautiful, and speak to the quality of the rifle and shooter. I would shoot the SMK's again unless you are sure that you didn't waver a touch.

Elkman":1roi10ap said:
Those are beautiful, and speak to the quality of the rifle and shooter. I would shoot the SMK's again unless you are sure that you didn't waver a touch.

Thanks Elkman. I will. It's on my to do list, haven't given up on it. SMK is one of the finest bullets I have used. The 123 SMK shoots great out of my 6.5 x 284 especially at 200 yards.
QCS2HC4l.jpg

longrangehunter":32nm1muf said:
TackDriver284":32nm1muf said:
That's a long way from the lands! At least it's shooting well for you with that much jump. Nice shooting too Buddy! (y)

Thanks LRH. I know its a long jump, GA Precision said that the 140 Hybrid is the bullet that is furthest away from the lands in that rifle. I checked the jump with the SMK 142 and its about .020 - .025 thousandths to fit in the mag if i could remember. GA mentioned no issues on jump with other bullets and they fit in the mag and closer to the lands. Haven't got around to that, except those two bullets.

Back