Nosler Brass Grades

hunter24605

Handloader
Apr 30, 2016
Is Nosler bulk brass the same as Their custom brass except for the weight sorting and prep work that's done to the custom? And while I'm on the subject..The topic of brass came up the other day and I was told that, in a mass produced rifle with a factory chamber, there will be no discernible difference in accuracy between cheap brass and top quality brass. I'm not sure I believe that, except maybe with some of the introductory "budget" rifles.

I think it depends upon the rifle, I haven't shot a round of commercial ammunition in years. But I know that several manufactures make outstanding, match quality ammunition. As most of my rifles shoot under moa, with my reloads, I have only bought high end brass a couple of times ( i have been loading since the 60's). My 308 tactical shoots sub 1/2 moa with several brands of match and WW cases, but I have never worried about what is the best, because I don't need better accuracy. All rifles are not created the same nor is ammunition and its truly a blessing when it all comes together.
The ammunition used by our military snipers is "mass produced" and it gets the job done way out there.

I tend to think brass has almost no impact with a factory rifle and maybe any rifle that does not have a match chamber. I have prepped brass to the Nth degree for a 223 Savage Varmint rig, and the Lapua didn't produce significantly better groups than the R-P brass prepped in the same manner.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back