Score.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
Stopped in at a small flea market today and lo and behold among the small amount of gun stuff there was a box of Hornady 200 gr 348 bullets. :shock: At $25 I scooped them up. You can still get these on Midway for $38 plus shipping when available, but I've been looking and they're never available.

These are nice and shiny so they should be in good condition for reloading and hunting. I'm slowly but surely getting geared up to do some reloading for Dad's 348.

It was a good morning. I also stopped in at an older gentleman that knows just about all things about military guns. I showed him my 03 sporter I recently bought that has the serial number covered up. He took one look at it and said it's an 03A3 action. He could immediately tell by the dovetail cut into the rear receiver ring. 03A3 wasn't produced until way into the nickel steel actions so I'm good to go with full power loads on that. (y)

Woohooo.... even if you find these gems and theyre a little tarnished up.......about 15 minutes and a tumbler and they look better than new!

I never find good stuff at yard sales or flea markets but my buddy does. I must be doing something wrong.

Divernhunter":ks702cc3 said:
I never find good stuff at yard sales or flea markets but my buddy does. I must be doing something wrong.

It's hit or miss with me like I suppose it is with most people. But I could stop in at 100 different people around here that deal or dabble in guns or accessories, and I highly doubt a single one of them would have a box of 348 bullets for sale.

This guy was from an area an hour or more away, and had a stand at a market that's less then 10 miles from me that I haven't stopped in at for 6 mo's. I'm probably the only guy in 35 counties that is looking to gather supplies to reload for a model 71 348 winchester. The good Lord must get a kick out of being big enough to overlook faults and line up the little stuff is all I got to say.

Back