7mm Mashburn Super 175 Woodleigh RL33

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
Well, I think I’m done with this combo. I Used another 10 shot load development and a fairly decent spot jumped out pretty quick.

83.8 jumped out pretty decent.

I then tried the same seating depth again on my next trip out.

I was just about ready to stop right there but decided to try the next two shorter loads.

And finally 3.515”

Very happy with all three and the Bullets themselves don’t see to be super picky with seating depth either. I’m pretty happy with nearly 3100 and them shooting so well. Looking forward to seeing them at distance.

All 3 depths look awesome to me Scotty. Speed and accuracy, you got a winner for sure. Good shooting.

Bill

Thanks fellas, I am going to load some more up and try to get them out to 200-250 and see what they do at distance.. Well.... Really probably more me than the load :lol:

Great work Scotty! Of course, you "had" to get to 3100 or in that combo or Bob Hagel would be rolling over in the grave! ha.

preacher":3covn63r said:
Great work Scotty! Of course, you "had" to get to 3100 or in that combo or Bob Hagel would be rolling over in the grave! ha.

HA!... I think there is probably room for more, but I am cartwheel happy with the speeds I am getting.

I screwed up the other day and loaded up some Mashburn rounds at the shorter COAL than what shot well previously.. Not sure how I got my wires crossed, but I couldn't figure out why it was shooting a little larger than before, until I went back and looked at my knowledge book.. Still, didn't shoot horrible..

Worked good enough to get the zero straightened up a little.

I did shoot these over a bag out of the back of my truck since the grass is so danged high now, but I can't wait to get them back where they need to be!

Remember when we all used to be happy with decent groups hovering around an inch.. I blame guys like Mike, JD and others that could shoot their groups on a postage stamp!

That combo right there ought to be the deal. What's the game this year for this load? Obviously elk, bull this year?

c. schutte":1k55vhy9 said:
That combo right there ought to be the deal. What's the game this year for this load? Obviously elk, bull this year?

Just elk this year Chuck. Cow elk!

SJB358":3990ocap said:
I blame guys like Mike, JD and others that could shoot their groups on a postage stamp!

Did you forget me too? :mrgreen:

Kidding aside, great shooting especially with those Woodleighs. How fast are ya pushing them?

TackDriver284":3m0nebpr said:
SJB358":3m0nebpr said:
I blame guys like Mike, JD and others that could shoot their groups on a postage stamp!

Did you forget me too? :mrgreen:

Kidding aside, great shooting especially with those Woodleighs. How fast are ya pushing them?

I think they are around the 3095 mark when I was checking for the nodes. I actually haven't chrono'ed them past that yet though.

Went out today to check the zero at 250 with the Mashburn, just to make sure it is on point for Wyoming here in a few weeks... Pretty happy with it, the first three kinda got away from me.

What was even funnier is I put .4 mils left into the SS MQ 6X and fired the next three to center up the group.. Then I had to look for my third shot and low and behold they were sharing a hole from the first group. First time I have ever had that happen..

Anyhow, the big 7 is ready to go. Should be able to take it out to 500 or maybe a bit further next weekend..

There ain't nuthin in wyoming that combo can't down. Impressive load workup. My model 70 7mm rem is still wispering Mash in my ear.

Bruce Mc":khfu2myj said:
There ain't nuthin in wyoming that combo can't down. Impressive load workup. My model 70 7mm rem is still wispering Mash in my ear.

I know this guy that has a reamer that would probably let you borrow it Bruce.. If you were so inclined..

I do believe you have a consistent winner in that rifle/load. Yeah, it'll hunt.

Looks great! That will get the job done for sure. Good luck with your hunt.

Looking good Scotty. The elk are in trouble.

JD338

Back