22 Nosler Brass Issues

lapriester

Beginner
Feb 7, 2018
What is the deal with Nosler manufactured 22 Nosler brass? I'm finding that it self destructs loading it any higher than mid Nosler recommended loads. Horrible swipes, rim gouges and cuts making some of the brass useless after initial firing. No, it's not my rifle. Tried multiple BCG's, different buffers and bolts and tried multiple gas block adjustments. Very little difference. I have also found that you must chamfer the case neck literally to a sharp edge in order to prevent crushing the necks when seating flat based bullets. All the above indicates to me that the brass is unacceptably soft. I certainly hope that Nosler isn't going to hold a patent on this brass to prevent other manufacturers from making it. If so, this new caliber is dead right out of the gate. I have 750 rounds of this stuff but, hopefully it will last until a different manufacturer starts making higher quality brass. BTW, I'm definately not the only one experiencing this. Two other friends and several You Tube posts are saying the same thing.

Back