Load Developement Service Recommendation

Supercat

Beginner
Jan 20, 2018
Hello Fellas!

First of all, I do understand that this is a reloading forum and that everyone here reloads, so please don't flame me for what I am going to ask :wink:

I have a Remage M700 action, 26" 1:8 Criterion barrel in 7mmRemMag with a Manners Stock being built, and I have decided on using 175gr AccuBond LR's for it as well. Like everyone else here I guess, I want to squeeze the most velocity and accuracy possible out of this particular rifle.

This is what I'm thinking....I would like to send my rifle, brass, and bullets to someone who will develop the optimal load for this rifle and then provide me with the data so that I can reload at home. I already load for my 204 Ruger and 223 but just basic stuff from Hornady's Reloading Guide....no quick load.

The reason that I want to send this gun out and not work it up myself is because I know that I don't have the expertise, time, or the best range facilitity to get all that I can get out of this rifle and I want it done right.

So with this in mind, I am hoping that I can get a few recommendations for a Load Development. Just doing a bit of research I see that Copper Creek, Hammer Bullets, Hendershots, seem to offer what I am looking for but I would love to get some 1st hand knowledge from you guys. I even contacted Applied Ballistics/Bryan Litz but never got a response.

Whatdaya Think? :grin:

Welcome to the forum!

Dr. Mike used to do a service like that, but he's up in Canada Land, probably frozen by now anyway, so that complicates the whole rifle-shipping thing...

I don't know who else does that sort of thing. Seems to me that HSM did offer that service years ago, but I could be mistaken.

Several of us here have used the 7mm magnum extensively and could easily recommend some well proven loads that would likely satisfy your requirements. For that matter, there is some very good factory ammo available that would likely be very impressive on paper, from a rifle as nice as yours.

Hmmm... Perhaps someone else has info on this. Meanwhile, welcome!

Guy

Welcome.

Any chance the smith would be willing to do load development for you, or offer any suggestions as to whom he would use?

I've never used a reloading service, but there are a lot out there. I would ask any company I was considering if they use pressure trace - https://www.shootingsoftware.com/pressure.htm. Non intrusive and can give good pressure data regarding nodes and pressure.

Two additional companies I have heard some good things about is https://westtexordnance.com/load-development/ and http://www.superiorammo.com/load-development/.

What I think is that you should have a great rifle and good load at the end of your search. Have fun!
Nimrod84

Welcome to the forum. Guy is correct that I did provide that service for quite a few years here in Canada. I no longer do this, however. You have a pretty nice rifle, and I have no doubt that it would be relatively easy to find a good load for it. I would encourage you not to avoid doing the load workup yourself. I suspect it will come together pretty quickly. There are a variety of powders that would work quite well. H1000 is one powder that comes to mind that I would be tempted to reach for if I was doing this work.

Cartridge : 7 mm Rem. Mag....766 2972 48580 11691 95.7 1.412

Alternatively, here is a list of powders that would work quite well.

Cartridge : 7 mm Rem. Mag.....5 60250 10773 1.303 ! Near Maximum !

As you can see, there are a number of excellent choices that would work quite well.

Let us know what you find and what you decide.

What wonderful responses from you all....thank you so much and I'm so happy that I signed in:)

I am going to check out the leads that Nimrod gave me and keep reading here until the rifle is ready...maybe I will attempt it on my own. I had no idea that you guys would be so helpful.

I do have a chrony chronograph but I am limited to a 100 yard indoor range here in Metro NY unfortunately. I would like to do the ladder test and shoot groups past 100 yards but I don't get to shoot past 100 yards until I shoot prairie dogs in Kansas and do western hunts....that's why I figured that I would pay and get it done the right way.....well see;)

Thanks again fellas and I love reading your comments.

If for some reason the 175 gr AccuBond LR bullets don't deliver the accuracy you seek, consider:

175 gr Nosler Partition - this good old bullet can be amazingly accurate, and is terrific on game

160 gr Nosler Partition & AccuBond - these two bullets are very well proven on elk and other big game

Regards, Guy

I had much better Accuracy with the AB's than the LRAB. But all rifles are not made the same and your results could be different. I know that many here have found the LRAB to be very satisfactory.

Supercat":1dv0r0y0 said:
Thanks Bbear!

Guy, you don't like the AccuBond Lr's?? Wondering why you didn't suggest the 168 ABLR

Just suggesting some older, well-proven designs in case the newer LR bullets don't work out.

I suspect the new LR bullets will do just fine. (y)

Regards, Guy

I have a Sako M995 with a Brux 26 inch barrel, unfortunately with the 168 ABLR was so fussy to shoot tiny groups, so I switched to the 160 Accubonds and never looked back since its a one bullet for all the game I hunt for.

160 Accubonds and 72.8 grains of Retumbo worked very well for me at a modest speed of 3,140 fps. It's a fast load, so lower charges and work up.

You won't go wrong with the 160 AccuBond.

Guy Miner":2aso0coe said:
Supercat":2aso0coe said:
Thanks Bbear!

Guy, you don't like the AccuBond Lr's?? Wondering why you didn't suggest the 168 ABLR

Just suggesting some older, well-proven designs in case the newer LR bullets don't work out.

I suspect the new LR bullets will do just fine. (y)

Regards, Guy

Thanks Guy...just wondering:)

Excuse me for butting in! It’s my first Forum &reply. I was wondering if anyone had any loading information on the 6.5-270 WSM using the Nosler 142 grain ABLR, Hornady 143 grain ELD-X or the Berger EOL bullets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back