A shout out to Lee.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
Ordered a 3 die set for Dad's 348 for $32.50. I couldn't believe it at that price for an odd caliber. Lee sometimes gets looked down on somewhat, and I'm not a fan of everything they make but they do make a lot of quality simple designed products that work very well for 1/3 of the cost. Came with a powder measure which I didn't use, and a shell holder which I needed to fit that case.

FL sizing die. I like it, easy to set and smooth.

Bullet seating die I loaded 16 rounds total, testing for velocity and pressure and then a couple to shoot for group. OAL varied +/- .001 with the vast majority being exactly on the money at 2.810. You gotta figure there has to be some variance in the tip difference on the bullet.

Factory crimp die. What can you say......genius. About as simple but effective as you can get.

You won't be dissatisfied with your Lee die set. They work just fine. It's all in how you set it up.

I do like Lee dies..I switched over to the Collet neck dies a while back for a few of my cartridges, and they are great. Sometimes they take some experimentation to get them setup just right, but I've produced several top notch rounds with them. I've had a few that I've had to replace worn parts (mostly the locking nuts on decapping pins I managed to round off), getting them directly from the Lee website, and the replacement parts have always been free, I just had to cover shipping.

I have RCBS dies for all my rifles.I tried a set of Lee dies a few years ago and now have Lee dies for all my rifles now.I rarely use the RCBS dies anymore.I find the Lee dies to be smoother,easier to set up and produce ammo that is equal to my RCBS dies.I also retired my old RCBS press and switched over to a Lee Classic Cast press too.

I have quite a bit of lee equipment, and always been satisfied. The collet neck sizing die is probably one of the best on the market. I use their dies especially for pistols, I love the factory crimp die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a Lee fan too. I have given away most of my RCBS dies. I do need to try the factory crimp die this year as I've heard good things about it. I don't use all Lee products, but I sure like their dies and dippers too. I also really like Lee's modern reloading second edition manual. It is very straight forward and practical, sales pitches on his products aside.

Back