Range day with two 6.5 Creedmoor today.

Cleveland48

Handloader
Jul 28, 2015
Today I carried my Howa out with a load of RL 16 and 143 ELDX. Been slowly working on this load for awhile now. Changed to a new lot # of bullets and my old setting just wasn’t doing it with the new bullets. So I said what the heck and seated some out at .060” and .080” just to see what would happen. Overall quite impressed. Then I took my new American Predator out to shoot for some groups. All this rifle has had down the barrel is a 20 round break in. Needless to say it shot great with the 140 grain hornady black ammo. $19 ammo out shot my carefully crafted handloads sometimes I wonder why I even bother lol.
ec4ca9c72873d182e77bc91f913c5fff.jpg
5fe56492895703becbd20f86ae46242d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleveland48":127xt8vw said:
Today I carried my Howa out with a load of RL 16 and 143 ELDX. Been slowly working on this load for awhile now. Changed to a new lot # of bullets and my old setting just wasn’t doing it with the new bullets. So I said what the heck and seated some out at .060” and .080” just to see what would happen. Overall quite impressed. Then I took my new American Predator out to shoot for some groups. All this rifle has had down the barrel is a 20 round break in. Needless to say it shot great with the 140 grain hornady black ammo. $19 ammo out shot my carefully crafted handloads sometimes I wonder why I even bother lol.

Outstanding! Just proves my opinion you don't need to spend $1000's to get tiny groups. Consistency of ammo nowadays makes me wonder why I reload myself. For me it's therapy. Of course congrats to you for being such a capable marksman. Bug hole groups only come if the shooter is quite capable. Five groups less than 1/2" I'd say you are more than capable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

hoghunter1951":2sw7a0wm said:
Cleveland48":2sw7a0wm said:

Outstanding! Just proves my opinion you don't need to spend $1000's to get tiny groups. Consistency of ammo nowadays makes me wonder why I reload myself. For me it's therapy. Of course congrats to you for being such a capable marksman. Bug hole groups only come if the shooter is quite capable. Five groups less than 1/2" I'd say you are more than capable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Thanks for the kind words! I also reload just to have something to occupy me and I enjoy always trying new things. Except brass prep I do hate that part lol. Some factory ammo is pretty hard to beat nowadays though.

Has to put a grin on your chin. Fine groups. You have some great possibilities.

DrMike":2kw34tvn said:
Has to put a grin on your chin. Fine groups. You have some great possibilities.
Thanks DrMike

Good job olde boy! That's Layin em in there (y) I agree with you; after using some Hornady "Precision Hunter" ammo: in a few different calibers; I came to the same conclusion you did! I didn't have a handload, that will shoot as good
As that ammo will! :shock: IMG_2415.JPG
E

Nice shooting.
FWIW I'd be tempted to try your handload 40 or 50 off. It looks like it's tightening as you get longer.

35 Whelen":3vbwpifw said:
Good job olde boy! That's Layin em in there (y) I agree with you; after using some Hornady "Precision Hunter" ammo: in a few different calibers; I came to the same conclusion you did! I didn't have a handload, that will shoot as good
As that ammo will! :shock:
E
That precision hunter ammo is pretty tough to beat.

Dwh7271":1t95rufa said:
Nice shooting.
FWIW I'd be tempted to try your handload 40 or 50 off. It looks like it's tightening as you get longer.
I started at .035” off since that was magazine length in my rifle. And moved out in .010” increments. They were all pretty good, but my rifle seems to be liking more jump.

That’s some fine looking targets. I really like my Howa 6.5 Creed. also. If you get a chance try some Nosler 140gr RDFs , that is all I use in mine.

RL338":2dne8ky0 said:
That’s some fine looking targets. I really like my Howa 6.5 Creed. also. If you get a chance try some Nosler 140gr RDFs , that is all I use in mine.
I’ve been meaning to give those a shot. As soon as the local store I use gets some in I’ll be trying them.

Well tm I’ll be patterning my turkey setup for this year, but gonna play with some rifles also. I’ve got a fresh supply of Hornady Black 140 HPBT. I’m gonna see if the Ruger will beat the Howa. Atleast factory load to factory load anyways. Should be interesting. I’ve done no handloading for this RAP, but both guns seems to like this factory load. I have not shot it in my Howa in a good while though.

Thanks guys. Here is the 140 hornady black in both rifles. Pretty sure I am responsible for the 1” plus group with the RAP. Was the last group of the day,and really just was not focusing at all. Both rifles seem to be fine shooters though!
99aa1438142bd8255bc9cb465264a83a.jpg
32af25515018f3863a49fca23ad9f8e7.jpg

Back