Redding powder measure

thatguySHM

Beginner
Feb 11, 2017
Hey there,

So many years ago, I purchased a reloading lot of items on eBay and it came with a Redding powder measure. I got the entire lot for less then a new powder measure and used it to drop what seemed like a ton of powder. Fast forward many years, it wasn't even mounted on my bench. Between the Dillion and the chargemaster, there was just no need to use it.

I broke it out last night from storage and saw it had surface rust on the dial and handle, nothing serious. There was a not of discoloration in the chamber as well so I was going to take it apart to wipe it out. Long story short, I stripped the screw that holds the dial on. It looks like it may have been glued in anyway, held on by half a thread.

I'm assuming it is the standard 3, just not sure what to do to to check if it's a 3 vs 3 BR. I'd like to order a new insert, just want to make sure to get the correct one.

Also the insert is seized in, but it's currently dropping 25.0gr H335 exactly and I'm not gonna mess with it until after I finish loading up a basic AR load for a new barrel I have coming. I'm going to just lightly tap once or twice with a deadblow and then go from there. I might have to suck it up and use some penetrating oil and then degrease the hell out of it after.

Any suggestions?

Thanks everyone!
-SHM

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Back