I cant find any 338 rum brass ?

Not sure where you are but I saw some at my local gun and bullet store in Pendleton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fwood":2xo3zz23 said:
Western Colorado.
I'll check over the weekend and let you know, we can probably figure out how to get it to you.

Sounds good thanks. I will be headed out that way if the salmon show this year.

Sad how the Rem Ultra Mag lineup kinda crashed and burned.

They were very well designed, very powerful, hunting cartridges. I had a 300 RUM for a while, but needed either a little heavier rifle, or a muzzle brake, or a little less cartridge... :) Swapped it out for a 300 WSM, which is from another line of cartridges that didn't have the hoped-for success, though they too were really well designed.

I always thought the 338 RUM & 375 RUM were the best of the RUM series, making good use of all that powder capacity to propel big hunting bullets at excellent velocity. And now, it's tough just to find brass to keep feeding those rifles. Dang.

I took a quick look at all my online component suppliers. No 338 RUM brass in stock. :(

Another reason to stick with the more popular cartridges I guess, though it's fun to have an "oddball" or two as well.

Guy

I checked with the above manufacturer and they are out but will be running some soon they say. The 338 rum is a fantastic round for elk and moose. it will do a great job of over kill on lesser animals but dead is dead. It is really a hammer on Elk in the 500 to 700 yard range.

Jon

I'm an advocate of deader as well. Just left my favorite gun and bullet store. Plenty of 300 RUM. No 338 RUM.
They also had 348 brass.

fwood":wl18ecbh said:
I need some 338 rum brass has anyone found any lately?

Jon

You should be able to convert 300 RUM brass. Just run it thru a full length sizer and trim to length. Go slow and use imperial sizing wax.

fwood":11uahkhf said:
I need some 338 rum brass has anyone found any lately?

Jon

A poster on Longrangehunting.com posted (yesterday) a WTS ad for 250 pieces of new Remington 338RUM brass.

That would be enough brass to outlast your rifle barrel.

Back