6.5 X 55

Alderman

Handloader
Apr 5, 2014
I had some luck with the first go round in the 6.5 Creedmoor so loaded up a few to try in the Swedish. Even had some Nosler brass I forgot about.
a9f6f2c982da2243d83931b201ee29aa.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That looks great too just like in your Creedmoor and 264 WM. It will be neat to see where you end up, thought about that for my wife's 6.5x55 as well.

They look good, I would be interested in your results. What velocity are you expecting from your load?

Thanks
Mike

I would think this bullet should be just about perfect for the Swede for anything up to small elk. It's generally loaded in a long enough magazine so you don't have to crowd the charge with it either. Guessing this bullet is about the same length and bearing surface as a flat based 140 spitzer? As above, interested in your results. I also now added "spitzer" to my computers dictionary, so I can quit talking about adult beverages on here :)

What powder did you go with and what rifle are you loading for?

Win 760 Powder. Not pushing hard to start with.
Rifle is a Remington 700 Classic.
I don't need a lot of speed with these as my shots are generally within 200 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All monos work "better" when pushed as fast as you can get them! Go for speed with safety and watch that thing kill stuff! :)

Back