Favorite concentricity (run out) gauge

I use the RCBS gauge, never used anything else.

I use the K&M neck turning toools. No experience with others but those two work for me.

I have an old Sinclair V-block that accepts a dial indicator. It is an evil device that leads to madness, much like a borescope. [emoji1]

Strayed away from neck turning 25 years ago but I have the tool. I believe it’s also from Sinclair.

I use the Accuracy One gauge - I like it the best of several I've tried.

Link

20120529_concentricity-gauge.jpg

I'm already somewhat OCD about things I consider really important in reloading as it relates to the best accuracy I can get at the ranges I typically shoot and hunt at.

If I got a run out gauge I would be staying awake that many nights in a row wondering why I can't get that crazy needle to show less than +/- .001 on every round I ran through it that eventually I would be running around the house at 2 in the morning firing at imaginary flying monkeys with a sling shot. :lol:

I use the Sinclair guage, may not be the best, but good enough for me.
I don’t much like the idea of the guages that permit bullet adjustment/movement corrections because I can’t see how moving the bullet wouldn’t affect neck tensions.

flashhole":mg2b88vg said:
But that is the best use for a runout gauge. It points to the build steps that need attention.

I wont argue that. It's a tool that makes it easy to see a problem that would otherwise be hard to accurately determine. I do steps I feel helps with seating concentricity. Whether it actually does or not I can't prove because I don't have a run out gauge, but if a gun keeps shooting itty bitty groups I'm happy.

Back