6.5 bullets

hogginlong

Beginner
Apr 14, 2017
What is going on with Ballistic Tips in 6.5? I need some 140's for my Swede and they are out of stock everywhere! Are they concentrating on some other bullet line right now or what?

hogginlong":r6poc1yj said:
What is going on with Ballistic Tips in 6.5? I need some 140's for my Swede and they are out of stock everywhere! Are they concentrating on some other bullet line right now or what?
I have no idea I looked for the 120 grain versions for months last year and never found any. The 120 BT is one of my all time favorite Deer bullets in the 6.5’s. I’ve never tried to 140’s though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At that price I should buy all 30. THE most accurate of my Swede barrelled Savage. Thanx for the heads up.

The meteoric rise of the 6.5 Creedmoor is likely to blame. I've had a really hard time finding the 6.5 match bullets I shoot, and they come from Hornady who should be ahead of this curve having spawned the cartridge. I'm sure supply will catch up with demand, just be patient.

Most places have listed with 120 BTs OUT OF STOCK NO BACK ORDER which means don't hold your breath waiting for them. Same with 120 Sierra Pro Hunters. I did find some 100 BTs to give a try in my 6.5 Grendel's which I should receive Wednesday. I think I did see some 140 BTs listed as in stock at Midway.USA which is where I got the 100s.

Back