Norma TipStrike Bullets

Never heard of these. May be like Hornady Interlock. Not interested unless they get a 30 cal. I have more .277's than I can live to shoot.

They appear to be designed for rapid expansion (devastating impact) rather than penetration. I can see where they would have an advantage on thin-skinned game.

These have been around since , I think, sometime in 2015. The Ecostrike is a bit newer. Mum has used both in the 308 and said they expanded and penetrated well on thin skinned game. When we spoke of them she told me they were similar to Norma produced Kalahari. but it has been awhile since we talked about them. From memory the only difference is the "Tip" is lead and the "Eco" is copper. Good bullets, but they will not bring home game any better than the Swift, Northfork and Nosler bullets that you are currently using.

Hope this helps sir\

Best Regards

Jamila

Africa Huntress":1dlr91u6 said:
These have been around since , I think, sometime in 2015. The Ecostrike is a bit newer. Mum has used both in the 308 and said they expanded and penetrated well on thin skinned game. When we spoke of them she told me they were similar to Norma produced Kalahari. but it has been awhile since we talked about them. From memory the only difference is the "Tip" is lead and the "Eco" is copper. Good bullets, but they will not bring home game any better than the Swift, Northfork and Nosler bullets that you are currently using.

Hope this helps sir\

Best Regards

Jamila
Thanks for the info young Lady.

Hunter

Like the Woodleigh bullet, they perform best at lower velocities and shorter ranges, but the ones I "witnessed" being used ( I have not used them ) expanded very well, but like the Rhino the "pedals" broke off some of the Tipstrike bullets. I would probably only use the Ecostrike if I was to use them

Gerry, to my knowledge, they make them themselves, but they do look similar

ethmoid, the Eco is made in more calibers than the Tip, but they both come in 30 caliber.

Rodger, thanks for taking the time

Dr Mike, you are correct sir. On mid sized game they were hunting, a lot of trauma, no exit however, too much meat damage, but all one shot kills. I think Jamila nailed it--good bullets but dont throw away what your using just because someone attempted to reinvent the wheel

Well, I knew I'd find out all I wanted to know when I tapped into the brain-trust here!
Thanks, Everyone!
(y)

Back