125 grain partition in a 6.5 Creedmoor

PaLuke

Beginner
Mar 18, 2017
Hello, I have a browning long range hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor with a 26” barrel. My son and I have a mule deer hunt planned for October and I would like to use a 125 grain Partition. I’ve had very good results with RE16 and a 130 grain ELDM. Does anyone have any results using RE16 and a 125 grain Partition. Thank you.

I got some load info on this combination. Should end up around 2900 FPS. Thanks.

If you will be shooting longer ranges I would take a look at the 130 AccuBond. It flies better and is usually more accurate than the Partition but still will give the same terminal results. I shoot the 130 AccuBond in my 264 Win mag and it is a super bullet. Flies like the ballistic tip and starts to open up like the ballistic tip but holds together like the Partition and keeps on tricking through a deer. RL 16 should work for you if it does not give one of the 4350s a try.

Thanks for the reply. I’m hoping to keep my shots 300 and under. I’ll try the accubonds after I try the partitions. I’m hoping a summer of groundhog hunting gets me ready. Thanks again.

RL16 is a great powder for the 6.5 CM. I have never used any partitions before though so I can’t help there. Have used a bunch of 130 AB in a 260 Rem though with great luck. You should be able to hit 2900 fps pretty easily though. I’ve used RL 16 to push the 120 TTSX to 2940 fps and a 130 Berger VLD to 2930 fps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back