RL-26 270 WSM 130 Scirocco

hunter24605

Handloader
Apr 30, 2016
69.8 to 70.2 Looks to be a great place to start.....Loaded 5 at 70.0 to try.....Yes, I'm aware I spelled "Scirocco" wrong..LOL

Attachments

• 20180608_223638.jpg
    20180608_223638.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 719
You’re gonna love it if it shoots for ya’. Also a reminder that pure copper Sciroccos foul easier than gilded metal bullets like NABs and Hornady’s, and they tend to not shoot as well if the fouling gets too bad...like most bullets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drakehammer":5pwy5wup said:
You’re gonna love it if it shoots for ya’. Also a reminder that pure copper Sciroccos foul easier than gilded metal bullets like NABs and Hornady’s, and they tend to not shoot as well if the fouling gets too bad...like most bullets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10-4...Spent a while on the phone with a swift rep, and he gave me a bunch of good info and do's and don'ts ..In my 280 they are lights out accurate..Haven't put one in a critter yet, but there's enough testimonials and tests to assure me they will hammer just about anything I care to use them on...Hopefully get to shoot some groups as soon as I finish up rebuilding my back deck. Then it's on to RL-22, N570, MagPro, and maybe RL-19..That's all I have on hand, but should keep me busy for a while, and I'm certain one of them will be the "BINGO"!

I’d bet a dollar that 26 will work for you. And man, a 130 Scirocco at 3300 is some kinda all around load in my book. I’m looking forward to seeing how you make out.

hunter24605":3e3ksl05 said:
69.8 to 70.2 Looks to be a great place to start.....Loaded 5 at 70.0 to try.....Yes, I'm aware I spelled "Scirocco" wrong..LOL
Going up in 0.2 gr increments seems like a waste of brass life , powder and bullets when some of your higher charges are slower than the previous ..
I’ve always just went up in 1 gr increments in magnums and 0.5 gr increments in non magnums and never had any trouble finding great loads.

Back