6.5 Bee on the range

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Went out today and it was very frustrating, to say the least. Out of six different loads to include the 127 LRX the 140 Berger Elite hunter and the 142 ELD-X this one stood out.

The others were between 4-7 inches at 200 yards! I do not know If I should be happy or pissed!
Either way you can see the gun is dead on at 200 yards but it will have to repeat this performance in order for me to get my confidence.

What say you?

Attachments

• 36231257_10217190241647556_4398615860558692352_n.jpg
    36231257_10217190241647556_4398615860558692352_n.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,392
Maybe it will go to sleep out at 500yds and shoot the tiny groups you expect.
But then that's not bad at all and most would be very happy with it.
That's about minute of prairie dog isn't? :)>)

Oh it is but due to the other groups I do not trust it yet.....

All of the action is bedded up to, and including the first 2" of the barrel only. Then torqued to 55 inch/lbs

I was just wondering if you were getting some barrel vibration from a bedding problem or a ultra light barrel.

yup. Still working on it. If it shoots again this well with this load (under 1.5@ 200 yards) then I will be very happy.

Actually worried about the load repeating than anything else

Fotis, That's a nice group, I feel the same way, I want to be sure that the next time I pick up a rifle that its going to shoot exactly where it did the last 20 times. That is one of the reasons I am so anal, about messing or changing the load or components. In my lifetime, I have owned a couple that would not do that for me. Others own them now. Consistency rules !!!

FOTIS":1x5isvkq said:
Actually worried about the load repeating than anything else

I think a quick way to sort out a consistent load is to shoot 3 - 3 shots groups to get a true idea of overall load accuracy.

Maybe, just maybe, the rifle is just 'finicky" and will eventually show you what it likes? I've had a few that were that way...PLUS..that's a hatful of powder you are shooting through a pretty small hole! :)

Fotis, you are the Bee guy. I just think it is odd that I've read more about accuracy problems with "Accumark" rifles than the other models including Vanguards. Ours has been a challenge, too. I'll bet you get it straightened out... Best to you.
EE2

Not worried about it. I have a hunch.....

Fotis, I am really interested in trying the heavy for caliber bullets in my 26 Nos. Have you worked with any of them in the 6.5 bee? 156 Oryx/Alaskan/Vulkan or the Woodleigh 160 PPSN

Nope. 140 is the heaviest I have been working with

Back