Nosler Accubond

Alderman

Handloader
Apr 5, 2014
Loaded up some 165 Accubonds for the 308.
I’ve never had a chance to take anything with an AccuBond, but my brother uses them with good success.
Thinking of possibly trying these on antelope this year but I think I’ve got a good AccuBond load for the 264mag. Life was simpler when all I had was a 30.06 and my options for Nosler bullets were Ballistic Tips and Partitions.
95238c51f769dd2dc335e137b73c0b3c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Those are such handsome cartridges with the white tip on the bullet. That should take about anything you may wish to hunt with the venerable .308.

There isn't much meat/bone on an antelope. My guess is an AccuBond in that caliber at that velocity will pencil hole right though without much energy transfer. Undoubtedly it will still kill one with proper shot placement

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I like the AB and its a bone breaker.

For antelope I’d consider the LRAB. They open more aggressively. I wouldn’t be afraid to use them on white tail, so I think you’d see the antelope go bang flop. Fotis???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd have no fear using these on an antelope. I've shot a bunch of caribou- including some pretty small ones- and they've never failed to open down to some pretty slow impact speeds.

I'd keep the range reasonable.

hodgeman":16zz8x5f said:
I'd have no fear using these on an antelope. I've shot a bunch of caribou- including some pretty small ones- and they've never failed to open down to some pretty slow impact speeds.

Same here. I’d hunt just about anything with a 165 AB. It’ll expand the same way a BT will but it’ll just hold onto a better frontal area.

Which powder are you running?

Too many people say what they think and are wrong my experience is it will flatten out plenty on coyote so unless you are shooting antelope smaller than coyote you are gtg. Also antelope have a tendency to refuse to pose for the best shot angle and AB gives great penetration .

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

SJB358":171gxwsx said:
hodgeman":171gxwsx said:

Same here. I’d hunt just about anything with a 165 AB. It’ll expand the same way a BT will but it’ll just hold onto a better frontal area.

Which powder are you running?
IMR 4064 in these.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please share pics of the dead antelope when you shoot one O.P.

They work wonderfully on Whitetail & I’m sure they’ll do their job well on a speed goat.

Back