6.5 Bee on the range Part II

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Part I...... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37954&start=25

Part II ..... Removed the dreaded Leupold VX6 and replaced it with a Zeiss V4 4x16x44mm ....Perfect glass!

In 25 MPH wind coming from the NW (I was shooting to the North) This is what my Accumark did.

Leupold has really let me down lately! :evil: :evil:

Sorry to hear about your leupy troubles
Nice to hear the v4 lives up to its badge.
Nice shootin with the lrx. [emoji106]
Wonder why most wby rifles shoot barnes lightsout? Think it's the throat ?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I've been working with US869, but have some RL33 in stock. I will have to try some.

I'm hoping to use my 6.5x300 for an antelope in MT this year, but will have to "drop back" to the 257 Wby if I can't find a recipe that works.

amassi":194k1qvz said:

The V4 has outstanding glass. Clarity is second to none. I could actually see the black. At a hundred yards inside the orange where it was Fuzzy with a vx6. It is true most Weatherby rifles that I have a love the Barnes TSX I think it deals with a free bore and then like to be seated away from the lands

amassi":2a9n4rxn said:

The V4 has outstanding glass. Clarity is second to none. I could actually see the black. At a hundred yards inside the orange where it was Fuzzy with a vx6. It is true most Weatherby rifles that I have a love the Barnes TSX I think it deals with a free bore and then like to be seated away from the lands

Fine shooting, do you have any plans to try 140 Bergers or the 143 gr Hornady?

Nice shooting Fotis.

Sorry you had to deal with the VX6 issue. Too bad they aren’t near as good as they are advertised.

STW":2d0h655o said:
Fine shooting, do you have any plans to try 140 Bergers or the 143 gr Hornady?

I did. The Hornady did 1.5". The bergers did 2 nice almost 1 hole groups (4 rounds) but 2 " apart. Double group basically. I am happy with the TTSX

SJB358":3j78am80 said:
Nice shooting Fotis.

Sorry you had to deal with the VX6 issue. Too bad they aren’t near as good as they are advertised.

Thank you Scott. I wish I knew about it too before I waste it all them bullets and powder and primers in my 6.5 Weatherby even though it still has less than 100 rounds through it. Just a lot of frustration :mrgreen:

Yup! I hear you there. I’ve done the same myself before I jettisoned them. Really irritating they are garbage on the inside. They aren’t cheap either.

I agree. The vx3i's have been great so far. But from now on only Zeiss SWFA and nightforce for me on my serious shooters

I figured you had a plan at the end of the first post. Now wondering if our Vortex is partially to blame for our POI wanderings.... we don't have a V4 to try! Nice group Fotis, my faith is restored!
EE2

Fotis, 'That dogs ready to hunt' ... no more development needed!

Sad to hear it was a Luppy problem... I ve used them exclusively for the last 35 years with the exception of one Nightforce. I have seen the slippage of their clarity and some de-gradation of their tracking when making adjustments; this on VX3 s which are 85% of the models I have. JMO but trying to have more and more models and be all things to all people can often times result in 'being average in many things' rather than 'exceptional at a few things'. I hope things change.

Congrats on the Bee tuning!

A 127g XBullet at 3500fps. Holy Smokes!

Should handle just about anything on your continent or mine!!!

Back