Sample Printable Targets

Husker

Beginner
Jun 4, 2018
Hi Folks - First post to this forum. Just coming out of cataract surgery for right eye. Left one next week. Reloading has been on hold for a while due to same. As soon as I get back to the range, I cannot wait to see what the 100 yard targets look like. I've used the same targets for years but I would like to check out other options with the new eyes. I printed off the Nosler target I found on this website but wondered what others are using. Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks for the info and the welcome, Dr. Mike. Eye surgeon told me yesterday my right eye is back to 20/20 without glasses. I will be extremely anxious to get back out there and see what the various targets look like and if my groups will shrink as a result.

One thing to be aware of when printing targets from some of these web sites is sometimes the ones with the inch grid do not come out exactly one inch but a little smaller like 7/8 inch for me. Messed with my head for a bit until I actually measured the one I was using. Would sight in where I wanted at 100 yards but when moving on out in yardage I was not getting point of impact where I should be getting. Really had me scratching my head until I actually measured that grid target that I sighted in with. BINGO the grid was smaller and when the yardage got longer that 1/8" made a bunch of difference. Glad you are getting your eyes fixed. I wore glasses from the time I was in the third grade then switched to contacts but had really bad astigmatism. Would have to put my glasses on to see how to put my feet on the floor to get out of the bed. About 15 years ago just after Lasic vision correction became available in the US I had it done. Could not believe being able to wake up the next morning and actually see the clock and everything crystal clear. Now I have to wear reading glasses for up close but my distance is still clear but I have floaters "heredity from MOM" that cause blurs at time but can't do anything about this.

Printing targets at home can use a ton of expensive ink. Generally, it doesn't seem worthwhile to me. Black and white only targets are doable but who wants them?

I use plain white paper or the back side of old posters (which I have access to) and just place an orange florescent dot on it, several actually. They can be spaced to suit the shooter.
The dots can be purchased in any color and various sizes at a decent price if you look around.
I buy all of my self-stick dots at planetlabel.com.

Having no black areas on the target is a big plus because you can see every bullet even at 400yds or so.

Just my 2 cents

I have a printer that is black and white and uses toner which is MUCH cheaper than ink. I also have a copier and all my expense is tax deductible because I am self employed and it is a business expense when I want to print a target. I mostly just use a roll of freezer paper putting orange sticker dots on a piece large enough to allow me to do a complete work up on one piece.

Thanks, Guys. I too, use a laser printer and the ink costs are pretty minimal. My inkjet finally died and I was tired of paying as much for two sets of cartidges than I paid for the printer. Most of my printing is black and white so I don't have much use for color. If I were to guess, I think I can print the target and make copies for somewhere just over .05 per page. I do agree on keeping large black spots to a minimum because I couldn't see the holes on the paper (even at 100 yards with a spotter). If I see a good target with large black areas, I try to change it to gray. I did notice some time ago that some of the targets that have 1" grid lines may or may not print at exactly 1", so I measure them after printing them. Anyway, thanks for all the inputs. I'm glad to be here and anxious to get back out there again. Getting back to my eyes, I have had one eye done and it is really weird to not have to reach for my glasses every morning. The other eye is this coming Monday and I'll be done. I may have to use readers for small print but so far, I have not but it comes and go's. Good news is - Archery antelope is scheduled for two days after my last appointment (Sept).

I must be pretty cheap & cheesy re targets.

Normally I use paper plates, with or without an aimpoint roughly in the center depending on what I'm doing.

Been using those for my hunting rifles and my self-defense handguns for an awful lot of years. Cheap and they work just fine. Can get a LOT of paper plates for not much money.

Regards, Guy

I had lots of free time at work so spent some of it working up different targets with the Word program.
I made many variations with different sizes, colors and shapes of the bulls.
I included an area to record my load data.
What I found I liked the best is a yellow bull that shows up well.
I know a smaller bull works for some, but with my poor eyesight, I like a larger bull that allows me to see the cross hairs easier.
Limiting the amount of dark area allows for the holes to show better.
e3d641437113517777b564b25d442331.jpg
83f4f2f87f197998fb433f500666f008.jpg
e5632094f6512071bec8a5d7cbe3c215.jpg
4e696b9f16aaea1685b4ed4888f9bf84.jpg
adaee05af6e7da0e8b0c51846080ebc3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had lots of free time at work so spent some of it working up different targets with the Word program.
I made many variations with different sizes, colors and shapes of the bulls.
I included an area to record my load data.
What I found I liked the best is a yellow bull that shows up well.
I know a smaller bull works for some, but with my poor eyesight, I like a larger bull that allows me to see the cross hairs easier.
Limiting the amount of dark area allows for the holes to show better.
e4ddada39dae7368f00f04498e787831.jpg
a9ea7319cb35f6b6a794a3a12c8f6bad.jpg
eef4bf09c34a38cc2fd95832a7724dbc.jpg
45c6261bc45dc65147c865c8766459c8.jpg

Back