Accubonds for the new 300 Mag

Alderman

Handloader
Apr 5, 2014
e219ae108e6e8e4f3c2a3b6aa891f30f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are these over runs? First time I've seen red accubonds.:)>)
Did you load these with RL19 also?

Post results as soon as you can. RL-22 shot so well with 180 Accubonds in mine. Mine are the white tips. Are those seconds?

A run of factory 2nds with hunter orange tips they had at the shooters pro shop a few years back. This will be my first try using H1000.

That will be interesting to see. I have read on another form where H1000 is the favorite powder for the 300win.

I thought those might be Hornady Interbond bullets instead of Accubonds when I was the red tip.

Alderman, I have both the red and white tipped AB's for my 7mm mags, I don't use them yet in the 300 because I prefer the 180 Partition, but have seen positive results from them.. If the slower powders do not give you want you want, try H-4350 I have been using it since 1970 and still getting 1/2 MOA out of my rifle. My loads are 72 grains with the 180 Partition for hunting, and for the best accuracy 70 gr. with the 180 Sierra Match king.

Elkman":35lo1iza said:
Alderman, I have both the red and white tipped AB's for my 7mm mags, I don't use them yet in the 300 because I prefer the 180 Partition, but have seen positive results from them.. If the slower powders do not give you want you want, try H-4350 I have been using it since 1970 and still getting 1/2 MOA out of my rifle. My loads are 72 grains with the 180 Partition for hunting, and for the best accuracy 70 gr. with the 180 Sierra Match king.
Thanks for the info. I went with the book OAL to start with but this will be a pretty good jump to the lands in this rifle. Are you seating longer than book?
I’ve got Partitions and H4350 so will give them a try.

Alderman, i always start at the longest length that will cycle through the magazine. Then start working my way back, my AOL with this rifle is 3.330. Most 300 magazine boxes are shorter than the overall distance to the lands.

Elkman should know since he has been working with the 300win a long time and knows what works.
It was either DrMike or Scotty told me to seat the accubonds .050" off the lands to start and then seat .010" deeper till you stop getting 2 in and 1 out type groups.

What brand of rifle are you loading these in, some have longer mag boxes then others and will let you reach the lands. Mine a M70 wouldn't and I put a 3.6" mag box in it and can load my rounds to reach the lands so it makes it easier figuring out what the jump is.

Nosler makes ABs for Winchester (Red tip) and for Norma (Orange tip).

JD338

These will be used in a Remington 700 Long Range I just purchased if I ever get the scope mounted. Having trouble getting rings high enough for the Redfield Illuminator I want to try.

Back