New speer loading data

They have some good data in there for some new powders. One thing I'd caution though just because it's a new online loading data, doesn't mean it's updated on all things.

I have a Speer reloading manual from 1987 and some of the older cartridges on their new online site is an exact copy and paste on every detail of every load listed. Powder, brass, primer, charge weight, COAL, and velocity.

I found more accurate updated data for my 8x57 for example on Hodgdon's site. But the new Speer site is very helpful for some of the new powders that you don't see loads for on other sites. I've used it several times.

There are some new powders inn this data but I found that with the 6.5 Grendel and the 120 gr Gold Dot the max load listed with IMR 8208 would amount to about a starting load in both of my AR Grendel's. The most accurate load with expected velocity I found was in line with Hornady's load data with their 120 - 123 gr bullets.

Hmm....CFE223 for my 250 Savage. Interesting and quick. Velocities are rated lower than I expected for all loads. Interesting...maybe honesty or do the formulas change from time to time?CL

Back