Any neck turning service?

TackDriver284

Handloader
Feb 13, 2016
Are there any good quality neck turner service that I can rely on to turn necks on new brass? I am seeking to buy a couple hundred 6.5 x 284 cases and have it neck turned.

My tight chamber is a .286 neck, so is it .0025" or .003" smaller that needs to be turned?

you need to seat a bullet and measure what the actual neck diameter is . then figure how much clearance you want . I would say anyone that will cut your necks will want you to give them a neck wall thickness that you want these cut to . I think " DJ's brass service " turns necks to your specs .

jimbires":3fmuctud said:
you need to seat a bullet and measure what the actual neck diameter is . then figure how much clearance you want . I would say anyone that will cut your necks will want you to give them a neck wall thickness that you want these cut to . I think " DJ's brass service " turns necks to your specs .

The loaded round neck diameter is a .284"

That leaves .001" clearance on each side.

TackDriver284":1j1aitc2 said:
jimbires":1j1aitc2 said:

The loaded round neck diameter is a .284"

That leaves .001" clearance on each side.

Mark , that's .002" total , a little tight for me . if I have a choice , I prefer to have .003" - .004" . if you've just had this rifle built give the gunsmith a call and ask him what he suggests .

EDIT to add .

http://forum.accurateshooter.com/thread ... e.3927735/

Back