168gr E-Tip 300 WSM twist experience

kjr_29

Beginner
Nov 20, 2017
Question for those loading the E-Tips. I know they are longer for weight bullets, my research indicates the 168gr will be ideal for my 1:10 twist Winchester M70 Coyote Light in 300 WSM.

Just want to see what others experience is. My rifle likes HSM loaded Berger’s (168 H VLD and 185s H VLD are both sub-MOA when I do my part), but I am not liking the explosive nature of that bullet. The idea of lead throughout my meat and how much I lost on my antelope and mule deer has me looking at a monolithic option.

Thanks for the feedback.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same question could go for Barnes LRX / TTSX or the Hammer Hunter 181gr.

My Model 70 300 WSM is a ten twist. It is my second one, and I've worked up loads for many other rifles using TSX, TTSX and LRX bullets. It was never a problem to quickly find an accurate load with either the 165 grain, 168 grain or the 180 grain bullets. I have loaded the 168 grain E-Tip for my ten twist 30-06 with good results. Consequently, welcome aboard.

Look at the Hammer Bullets. They are devastating on game and easy to do load work up on. They are extremely accurate, too. I load them in 5 different calibers. My latest endeavor was the 213 gr Hammer Hunter in my 338 Lapua. Made very short work of a very tough Kodiak Island mountain goat. I love these bullets

I used the 168 ETip some in my old 10 twist 300 WSM as well. Worked fine.

SJB358":35upe6sq said:
. Thanks!

SJB358":58g86yno said:
. Thanks!

Back