6.5 Creedmoor Loading Guide

Interesting article, my wife has the Creedmoor and I have the 6.5 WBY. It looks like I could shoot a deer as far as I want to shoot with a Creedmoor with a dial scope instead of burning 91g of powder in my WBY. and dealing with the recoil and muzzle blast.

Interesting article, indeed. I have not done much with my Creedmoor. This just may be the stimulus I need to get to work on it.

The guys shooting "PRS" competition have really been the serious users of the Creedmoor until the past few years when more hunters discovered it.

Now a lot of the PRS competitors are using the 6mm version...

I'm still trying to figure out which barrel I want on the Green Machine next, but it probably will be a 6.5 or 6mm of some sort. :)

The 6.5 Creedmoor sounds awfully tempting.

Guy

Great information, haven't played with my 6.5 much but after reading this I'm going to get busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great information, haven't played with my 6.5 much but after reading this I'm going to get busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up a rifle in 6.5CM a couple of years ago...I was fully prepared to hate it but I loved the rifle it was in.

That said- it is a charismatic cartridge, especially in a lightweight rifle. Mine is the first true "1/2 MOA" rifle I've ever owned.

If there's a 6.5 that doesn't shoot- I'm not aware of it.

I saw a piece on loading the 6.5 with H4895 and making reduced loads... every load shot sub MOA despite the eye-popping 800fps+ variance in MV.

Back