Berry's plated bullets

A

Anonymous

I've started loading 44 Mag and I'm having fun with it. I've noticed Berry's plated bullets at the Fairbanks box store...nice price.

Any good? Thinking of picking some up for plinking/practice loads.

I've loaded and shot some in my .40. Seemed to work well. Just remember to load them to lead velocities, and not jacketed velocities. The plating is thin and will strip if pushed too fast.

I think I'll try some loaded to 44SPEC+P levels for practice.

That’d be perfect.
On the end of the box they generally have a max speed number.
I shoot quite a few of them, the Xtremes, Raniers and Golds and they all work very well for your intended use imo. I’ve even run them in lighter loads for the 10mm and 357 Sig. work fine.

Yes, they're great at modest velocity. I often use them in my 45 ACP.

Have found that they're capable of very good accuracy.

Guy

I've run them in my .41 mag. They were very accurate, and I was able to run them to around 1200FPS. This was the ceiling, any higher and I got significant leading.

They work great for me. 9mm, 38, 357 44 45 etc

Yep, not much more to add. They work well for me..With the .40 S&W I end up with slight wasp-waist in the cases after I seat them, but it doesn't affect chambering or firing. I do flare the mouth a tiny bit more for them.

I finally picked them up and made some loads that are between .44MAG and .44SPEC loads with CFE Pistol.

8.1gr got me 1000fps with the 240gr FP ammo and it made a nice shooting combination in my 329 S&W- more pop than an anemic Special load and not the wrist breaking fireball that a full load of H110 produces. CFE Pistol seems sort of in the Unique or Universal range with added copper fouling elimination compounds.

The 240gr at 1000 shoots fairly close to point of aim as the full power 240gr loads- quite a bit closer than a SPEC load does at any rate- and that should make for some good practice. At 1000 fps, I'm well below the max speed of 1250 and I didn't experience any leading.

Sounds like a great load. I shot 300gr cast performance at 1000fps as my go to load in my 329 NG. There really isn’t any real benefit to running a hard cast any faster and it really saves your wrists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you are on the right track. I've used them in my 45 ACP for target shooting and they preformed flawlessly while delivering very good accuracy.

JD338

I've been using them in both my 9MM and .45 for quite a while. Very pleased with their performance.

I have used them in my contender in 357 Magnum a little faster than you're supposed to but no problems....scary accurate!

Back