Notice: This site is not mobile friendly, we recommend you download tapatalk for a mobile friendly experience of our forum.

It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:09 pm

Shop Nosler

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Winchester 244 smokeless powder
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:17 am 

Picked up a 4lb container after reading the reviews. I loaded up 50 rounds of 9MM using a 124 grain Berry bullet, 4.3 grains, and a CCI small pistol primer. Very pleasant surprise with the results. Accuracy very good, very little residual smoke, (couldn't smell it at all) and when cleaning my Walther found "very" little residue. For the first time since I can remember I swabbed the inside of the barrel with solvent, let it sit for a minute or two and then ran dry patches through. No brush needed. Talk about clean burning and hardly any clean-up! I have to tell you that it is a "peppy" powder and noticed the recoil and noise report. The min-max charge suggested by Hogdon was 4.0 to 4.5 grains. I feel that for target shooting purposes (which is what it is designed for) I can get away with a minimum or just above a minimum charge and have the action function just fine. I think it definitely will replace 231.

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]  Moderators: JD338, NOSLER, FOTIS, NoslerV, Nosler4