338 Win M70 Range Day

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
Sighted in the 338 M70 today with a get me on paper book load out of the Speer manual.
200gr HC 72gr R19 2600fps seated .020" off ,bottom load and nothing special.
Bore sighted at 25yds and shot 3 at 50yds to get it centered then walked it out to 100yds
First shot landed at 3 o-clock 3" right over adjusted and #2 landed at 9 3" out split the difference and #3 landed at 11. Dropped down 1" and #4 was in the orange at 9, 1/2" right and next 3 were centered.
Looks like I have a shooter.

The picture turned on me and I can't get it straight so 12 0-clock is 3 and 6 o-clock is 9.

Attachments

• KIMG0215.jpeg
    KIMG0215.jpeg
    314.6 KB · Views: 625
Certainly promising. I should imagine you can work with that, Rodger.

DrMike":4cbq5tnb said:
Certainly promising. I should imagine you can work with that, Rodger.
Yeah it looks like it will be fun.
Any one want to buy a Ruger Stainless Hawkeye M77 all weather 338 Win mag? :)o)

Rodger, it looks like you are well on your way to having a rifle you are really going to enjoy. Good luck with further load development. Dan

For a first time pick a load range day that looks good. Glad the trade worked out for you. Dan.

great. what scope is on that bone crusher? seems to track well during adjustment.

Very nice. Don’t change a thing. In fact, I’d lock that one in the safe. Hahahahaha

lhsako":1cl8xnt0 said:
great. what scope is on that bone crusher? seems to track well during adjustment.
Burris E-1 3-9X40

Attachments

• KIMG0097.jpeg
    KIMG0097.jpeg
    236.4 KB · Views: 456
Thanks for all the kind remarks. Trouble is it shoots good and that makes me want to shoot it more to find out just how good it is and if a premium bullet will do better and I need to find out if it will shoot heavies as it does light for caliber bullets.

Back